EastLanders Country Club. 5:30 P.M.

Eastlanders Country Club.

               Wednesday, August 15. 5:30 P.M.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" Ashley says, smiling at Angela while taking her tennis racket out of her bag.

"By who?" Angela calls from the other side of the court, leaning against her tennis racket, a hand on her waist. "You?"

Ashley rolls her eyes at her best friend, grabbing the bright colored tennis ball and positioning herself. Throwing the ball up and jumping while swinging her right arm, Ashley hits the ball towards Angela. The green ball passes the net and hits the ground once before Angela hits it with her red racket.

The girls go back and forth until Ashley hits the ball to the far left side of the court, causing Angela to miss it.

"Yes!" Ashley exclaims, fist pumping her hands into the air.

"You got lucky." Angela says, going to retrieve the ball, the ceiling lights shining down on them.

"Yeah, yeah." Ashley says with a smile, as Angela comes back to stand across from her in front of the large window showing the rainy weather. "Give me your best shot."

Angela looks at her best friend. "Okay." Hitting the ball, Angela smirks when Ashley misses it. "Not so funny when it's you, huh?" Ashley sticks her tongue out, causing Angela to laugh. "Just saying."

The girls carry on the game, hardly missing the ball and when one does miss it, the other taunts her.

"Ha!" Angela says, laughing as she scores the winning point of their game.

Ashley sighs, wiping the sweat off her forehead. She places her hands on her knees looking up at where Angela stands still celebrating. She hears a chuckle and looks towards the court next to theirs, where two guys are looking at Angela, who's completely oblivious.

Ashley stands up, fixing her skirt and with a smirk, walks over to the two boys. When she reaches them, she places her hands on her hip. "Is something funny?"

Both boys sober up, but a smile remains on their faces.

One of them – the tallest – speaks up first. "Nah. We just think it's kinda cute how your friend is celebrating her victory."

Ashley raises an eyebrow at them, a smirk on her face. "No filter. I like that." The boy winks at her and Ashley sends him a smile before turning to the still dancing Angela. "Angie!" She turns back to the boys. "Wanna team up?"

"That wouldn't be fair." The second boy says, his blue eyes taking in Ashley's petit frame. "We do this for a living and I wouldn't like to see you girls cry." Angela arrives just then and starts laughing.

"It's obvious you don't know us." Ashley says, crossing her arms. "Besides, I wasn't talking about playing boys vs. girls."

"We're playing doubles?" Angela asks, looking at Ashley.

"Yeah." Ashley says, smiling at her best friend. "You're with him." Ashley points at the first boy. "And I'm with him."

"I'm Sean." The boy Ashley picked says.

"I'm Ashley." She says, shaking his hand. "And we better win. I don't want to lose twice in one day."

"That's too bad." The first boy says, standing next to Angela. "I'm Ean by the way."

"I'm Angela." Angela tells him, sending him a smile before turning to Ashley. "And you know that you're gonna lose Ash. Because I am definitely not letting you win."