Sabor Latino. 4:15 P.M.

Sabor Latino.

              Wednesday, August 15. 4:15 P.M.

Kelly walks around her father's restaurant working. She glances over at her friend's table, heaving a sigh. Today was supposed to be her day off, but then she found the letter left in her locker by the HotChikas telling her to be free on Saturday. So she switched her day off to Saturday and considering she doesn't ask for much at work her dad agreed.

She makes her way to the center table, where Carlos Ferreras, Leonardo Pimentel, and the new boy, Louis Arias are sitting talking amongst themselves animatedly.

"Are you ready to order?" She looks above Carlos head, she sucks at speaking with boys, not making eye contact helps her nerves.

The boys stop their conversation and look at her. Carlos answers, "Can we a round of tostones?"

"Actually." Kelly looks to her right and makes eye contact with Louis. "Can I get a mofongo?"

Kelly nods, mesmerized by Louis' eyes.

"What's that?" The hair on Kelly's arms stand as she hears the voice of her long time crush.

"It's smashed up plantains,-"

"Like mangú?" Carlos asks curiously as Leonardo frowns up at Louis.

"Not quite." Kelly hears herself answer. "The plantains are smashed in a pilón and most of the time it's filled with something."

"I'm so lost." Carlos frowns, looking up at Kelly. "Can you bring me one too?"

"Me too." Leo tells her and Kelly nods, smiling as she writes the orders down.

"Is that it?" Kelly asks and leaves once they murmur their 'yes'.

Kelly steps behind the counter near the corner of the restaurant, to the left of the door leading to the kitchen. There she stands in front of a computer, placing her four-digit employee code, she starts putting in the order from the center table.

Once the order is in, she turns around to face the kitchen window behind her, where the ready food rests and picks up a plate of rice and seafood, removing the piece of paper laying on top of it.

Kelly walks around the counter and heads to table five. "Here you go." She sets the plate in front of a brown haired boy, then looks around. "Anything else?"

"No thank you." They reply without looking at her.

Kelly walks past a table and faintly hears. "You haven't seen the pic of the ELP Lion? It's all over the place." Kelly smiles, shaking her head as she goes to the employee's room to freshen up.

The ELP Lion made over has been all that her classmates have talked about since it happened. At first she thought her choice of clothing wasn't good enough. But the buzz the statue has been getting, has her thinking that she could actually do all the challenges. It gave her the confidence she had been lacking while turning the cameras towards the wall without being caught. And thanks to the success of the prank, one of her friends is going to be on the TOP list. She is no longer freaking out about the entire makeover ordeal. When she and her friends are all in the TOP - her with her makeover – they'd have nothing to be embarrassed about. They will probably be angry at first, but then they'll thank her and they will be closer than ever.

With that thought, Kelly walks out of the resting room, greeting a few employees that were on break before heading back into the commotion of the restaurant.