Chapter 5

Sam went down stairs to tell her parents that she was going out for a bit while Danny flew up to meet the sleigh.
"What are you doing here?" Danny snarled.
Jack flew up to Danny's level, "Look, we're sorry about what happened before-"
"Save it." Danny snapped, "You're forgiven, now go away. I'm miserable on Christmas as it is, I don't need to hang out with the reason why I'm miserable."
"Miserable on Christmas!?" North yelled while Bunny snickered.
"What are you laughing at Kangaroo? I don't like Easter that much either."
Jack sighed, "Okay, how about we talk more in the forest. If you're up here talking to no one people will think you're crazy."
Danny stopped himself from smirking, nodded, and went to go get Sam.
When he got there Sam was waiting outside, "We're meeting in the forest." Danny said with a sly smirk.
Sam chuckled, "I take it that they don't know who lives in the forest?"
"Nope, not a clue." Sam laughed as he picked her up and flew to the forest next to the park.
Meanwhile, the Guardians had just landed the sleigh and were now waiting for the ghost boy. The forest was covered on snow and the moon shown bright, making the snow sparkle, but for some reason it looked ominous. Jack shifted nervously and tightened his grip on his staff. He didn't like the way it felt, like he wasn't supposed to be there.
The reindeer stamped their feet uneasily and Bunny heard a low growl.
"Mates, I don't like this..." Bunny said, getting out his boomerangs.
"Who dares trespass here?" A feminine voice hissed.
That's when Danny decided to show up with Sam, "Hey Fire!"
There was a groan then a yelp and Fire came running out of the forest. (AN. I'm tired of saying how she looks so just ask if your curious.) She stared at the forest with wide silver eyes and a chuckling sounded throughout the forest.
"Pitch." The Guardians growled.
A man with a black robe, grey skin, black hair, and gold eyes walked into the moon light.
"Hello Guardians." He sneered before turning to Fire, Danny, and Sam.
"Oh look, the half dead children well. I'm going to be blunt. Join me in spreading fear."
Fire and Danny exchanged glances before laughing.
"Ah, that's funny stuff right there." Fire said.
Danny nodded, "Yeah, why would we join a carzed up fruit loop like you?"
Pitch growled and pulled out Freak Show's staff from the shadows.
Sam gasped and when Danny and Fire looked at it they immediately averted their gaze.
"You can't fight it you know." Pitch hummed.
They both fell to their knees clutching their hair as Sam tried to talk to them.
Tooth looked at them worriedly before looking back at Pitch, "What have you done!?"
"He's trying to take control of two very powerful ghosts." Sam cut in.
"Smart girl." Pitch said. He ordered his nightmares to attack the Guardians while only one held Sam.
"Daniel." He purred, holding the ruby red crystal ball up to the Ghost boy's face.
"Come on, give in." He shook his head and gripped his hair tighter.
"N-no." He breathed.
"Wolf. How about you?" He asked, putting the crystal in her face.
"Go. To. Hell." She ground out. Pitch growled and back handed her in the face.
"Stop it! You don't know what you're doing!" Sam screetched.
"No, I think I do. I will get two powerful ghosts under my control." Pitch snapped.
He silently called two fearlings to him to hold the mutt and the phantom up. Their arms were held down and they struggled against Pitch's minions.
"Look into the crystal ball or the girl dies." The Nightmare King said, holding a knife to Sam's throat.
"No! Danny no, don't do it. Fire don't you even think about it either."
Danny struggled harder, but finally he let his shoulders sag and with a shaky sigh a he said, "I'm sorry, but I can't let you die." He opened his eyes and looked at the ball. His eyes swirled red until his irises changed to that color.
Fire grunted as she struggled, "No Danny." She muttered.
Pitch grinned, "Wolf, if you don't join me you'll die."
She laughed, "You really think I care?"
"No, but you would care if he died wouldn't you?"
The wolf girl stopped moving out of shock, "You wouldn't dare." She growled.
Pitch raised a nonexistent brow at her even though her eyes were closed, "Wouldn't I?" A knife went to Danny's throat.
"Okay! Okay, I give." She sighed and opened her eyes and they swirled a dark metallic red. Her irises stayed that color as she and Danny shared a grin.
"This is going to be fun isn't it?" Fire sneered, looking toward the Guardians.
"Very." Danny agreed.

AN. BUM, BUM, BUM. Cliff hanger! Yay! What is Pitch going to do? Will the Guardians and Sam survive? Those are questions I shall answer later. That's a wrap!