Chapter 8

When she opened her eyes again the floor was moving, or rather she was being dragged across the floor. Zheth twisted out of the grip on the back of her collar before staggering to her feet to see Kylo Ren looking down on her, his lightsaber drawn and new scrapes on his face from where his helmet was ripped off his head. The only thing she could actually focus on completely however was the fact she was still alive.

"Hurry up, the ship won't last much longer." Ren ordered before walking again, obviously not liking this retreat.

She limped after him, the pain faded a bit after getting her breath back, though it was still painful. Her body was still shaking and she stumbled after him several times, trying to keep up as Kylo strode ahead. The two Jedi were obviously still on their trail judging by his drawn weapon and glances at the halls, he was still ready to fight. And the next attack came a few minutes of tense walking later as Rey came into sight and engaged Kylo into another fight, great, wasn't this what Hux had told her to keep Ren away from? Oh well, too late now. Zheth held up her arm before firing a wire from a compartment on the wrist piece, it was supposed to be a grappling gun but it would also work to tie up the Jedi's hands as well.

"Master!" Rey called out as Kylo knocked the lightsaber from her bound hands.

A strong shove from the male force user slammed her into the wall, though the jerky movement also flung Rey to the side as she used the Force to grab her lightsaber. Zheth stood back up and felt the wire go limp and the chord was cut, she glared at Luke as he approached, seemingly unharmed from his previous fight.

"Hux needs you alive and well Ren... you need to leave." She glanced back at the black robed man. "Like you said, the ship won't last much longer."

"And neither will you." Kylo responded, still in an attack position, anger burning his gaze.

"I'm going to die anyway Lord Ren, but the First Order still needs you. Don't be stupid and prove Ginger right... got it?" She grinned. "Besides, what type of bounty hunter would I be if I couldn't hold off a few Jedi?"

The fury radiating off of him was powerful but he did as she said, after a few more strikes at Rey and Luke, before leaving her to take care of the two Jedi. Unfortunately despite her words Zheth knew she could never take on two Jedi, she would never be as great as her mentor was, he could've fought them both off. Predator started backing away, her blaster raised to fire at them, before the man raised his hand and made her fly down the hallway before rolling to a stop. She tried to rise once more only to find she was unable to move as Luke continued walking in her direction; Rey appeared to have left to fight Kylo.

"You should've taken my advice and chosen a different path." Luke responded as his green lightsaber hovered over her chest.

Confusion swept through her for a moment before she actually took the time to study his face... this was the same Jedi she'd met as a child. She scowled, flickering her gaze to his lightsaber as it dipped closer to her armor, which wouldn't do anything against his weapon. She heard more people running her way and laid her head back on the floor, perhaps she would've lived if she had taken his advice as a child then maybe she wouldn't be in this situation, she doubted it... if anything she would've died as a child.

A laugh escaped her. "Go ahead, finish it then. You should've let me die in that fire."

The green blade started burning and she screamed as it sank deeper. Zheth felt the invisible force preventing her movement fade and scrambled away, causing the lightsaber to cut a long burning mark into her torso. She pressed herself up against the corner, trapped and unable to fight. Predator watched as the others came into sight, glaring at each of them as the Finalizer gave an ominous moan and now noticeable tilt as the Star Destroyer began crashing towards whatever planet happened to be below them.