Chapter 1

••••
Aisha Zaniah Henderson
••••

"AISHA GET UP!" my mom yelled from downstairs, I put my pillow over my head before squeezing my eyes shut.

"You better get up, mama's on her way up here." My 14 year old little brother Kalub said once he walked into my room.

"Kalub how many damn times do I have to tell you stay out of my room." I threw my pillow towards him but it ended up hitting our mom.

"Did I just hear you cuss?" She asked putting her hand on her hip, I seen kalub laughing.

"No." I said, she tossed my pillow back to me.

"Mhm that's what I thought now get up and get dressed, and if I have to tell you again all hell will break loose." I quickly got up knowing she was not lying.

I dragged myself into my bathroom before shutting the door, I scrunched up my face at the person that was looking back at me.

I ran my hands through my frizzy hair that was everywhere, I grabbed my toothbrush and put some Colgate toothpaste on it.

After I finished brushing my teeth and taking my shower, I walked back into my room with my towel wrapped around me.

I opened the doors to my walk in closet, took out my outfit for today just something not to flashy but to show that I got style.

After I put my outfit on I decided to just put my hair into a sock bun. I grabbed my back pack and my phone before putting it inside my cross over purse.

"Go change." My dad said once I walked down the stairs.

"Dad." I whined, he shot me a look so I did my puppy dog eyes.

"Go change." He said once again pointing towards that upstairs, I sighed.

"Mom tell dad I look fine." I said once she walked out from the kitchen, she looked me up and down.

"Roll the shorts down and pull your shirt up more so it won't show your clevage." She said, I did as she said.

"Better, Chris she looks fine." My dad's mouth fell open.

"Come on y'all let's load up." My mom said and we all ran outside like a herd, we all got inside the truck.

"Tay what's wrong?" I asked messing with his curly hair that he got from our dad.

"I don't want to go to school." He whined laying his head on my shoulder as my dad backed out of the drive way.

"Your going into sixth grade why aren't you excited?" My mom asked while she turned around and faced him from the passenger seat, today is the day school starts.