Chapter 9

••••
Aisha Zaniah Henderson
•••••

I stood outside and waited for my dad to pick me up this is why I can't wait to get a car since I already have my license, soon a black Lexus pulled up I had to admit it was nice as hell but when the window raised down it killed my whole mood when I seen that it was Xavier.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked, I was still irritated with him.

"Nope my dad should be coming." I said but right as soon as I said that my dad had texted.

Dad❤️🌍: chipmunk, I can't pick you up today I just got called into work but call Jessica if you need a ride she just picked up the twins and Tay, love you❤️.

MyChipmunk👱🏽‍♀️👑❤️: Okay love you to.

I sighed because I didn't want to get a ride from him but I also didn't want to call my aunt Jessica.

"You sure? seems like he just cancelled." He said.

"Imma just walk." I said, he shrugged.

"Aight." He said then sped out of the parking lot, I was legit dumb founded I didn't really think he was gonna leave but I guess I would've to because he did ask twice but my stubborn ass said no and I live about 3 blocks away.

I decided to just start walking but I wasn't going to go straight home I decided to just go to the park, I walked along the side walk until I reached the park I was so glad that i was the only one here.

I took my basketball from my bag and started dribbling it before doing a lay up, imma go out for basketball season, I love coming to parks because when I play it takes me some where else which also clears my mind.

I didn't even realize that the sun started going down when I stopped playing, I placed my ball back into my bag before swinging it over on my back.

I looked at my and seen that it was 7:30 pm, I seen somebody walking towards but I couldn't make out who it was.

"Xavier? What are you doing here?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"What are YOU doing here?" He asked.

"That's none of your business." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Your gonna get enough of rolling your eyes at me." He said seriously.

"I'm good because clearly your not my dad." I said walking past but he pulled me back.

"Come on imma give you a ride." He said pointing to his car.

"I can walk." I said getting out of his grasp.

"Nah, it's to fucking dark and your basically a whole damn meal to these crack headed ass nigga's now come on." He said.

"Xavier I'm fine I know how to protect myself." I said but he just picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Stubborn ass." He said while walking towards his car, I sighed as he sat me in the passenger seat like I was a child, he got into the drivers seat and started the car.