Chapter 7

•••••••
Tayvion La'mir Beecham
•••••••••

I sat at a lunch table with most of my friends that went to the same elementary school with me, I gotta admit 6th grade ain't all that bad.

"I feel more free." My friend Anthony said, I nodded in agreement.

"Are you trying out for basketball?" My other friend Marcus asked me.

"Most definitely, it's either basketball of football but my dad wants me to go out for football." I said but football ain't gonna open until 7th grade since they don't have it for 6th.

"Ashley over there staring at you." Anthony said while pointing behind me, I turned around and caught her staring at me but she quickly looked away and blushed.

"Wasn't she the shy girl in 5th?" Marcus asked while I turned back around.

"Yeah, she ain't talk to anyone." I said.

"Go over there and talk to her." Anthony said while nudging me.

"Nigga I don't know what to say." I said.

"Just be casual." He said pushing me out my seat but luckily I stood up correctly.

I walked over to her with my hands in my pocket, she had her headphones in but when she looked up and seen me she took them out.

"Hey." She said, she was dark skin along with a lot of hair and I had to admit she was beautiful.

"How's your first day going?" I asked her, I don't even know how to talk to girls.

"Good thanks for asking." She smiled showing her dimples.

"I'm Tayvion, but you can call me Tay." I said with a smile.

"I'm Ashley." She said.

"I know, do you wanna come meet my friends?" I asked, she looked behind me at Marcus and Anthony.

"Umm.. sure." She said, I led her over to our table.

"This is Marcus and that's Anthony." I introduced them.

"So when are y'all gonna date?" Anthony asked causing me shake my head while she blushed.

"Man shut up." I said just as the bell rang signaling that lunch was over.

"I.. have- yeah bye." She stuttered while running out the lunch room, that was weird.

"Let's go lover boy." Anthony said as we walked out the lunch room causing me to laugh.

*************************************************
Short update sorry I've been holding out y'all imma start updating more often I promise❤️