Chapter 15

•••••
Makayla Armani Beecham
•••••

"Wait...I'm sorry but could you say that again." I said in disbelief as I stared at my OBGYN, Marissa. I had decided to come in to see what the issue was with my hormones but what she had just told me, blew the fuck out of me.

"You're six weeks pregnant Makayla." She said with an amused expression on her face. I was shocked beyond measure because I had been taking my birth control regularly...I thought.

"Say sike right now." I said with nothing but seriousness in my voice. But all she did was straight face me and hand me my ultrasound pictures.

"I already wrote down your prenatal vitamin prescription but during this pregnancy make sure that you don't over stress yourself because you've had a miscarriage once before and plus you had a risky pregnancy with the twins which makes this pregnancy slightly risky too but WE can minimize this risk but ONLY if you do everything that I'm telling you." She said sternly which not only made me roll my eyes but groan in the process because I'm known to do a lot, shit I'm a mother of teenagers for gods sake.

"Okay I hear you Marissa." I said while hopping down off the examination bed. Once she handed me my prescription paper I headed out.

By the time I got home Chris had already taken the kids to school and made it back so when I walked inside the house after getting my prescription, he was sitting in our front room with my brother Davion.

"Y'all stay watching the game." I said as I kicked my shoes off and placed them next to our front door on the mat.

"What's in the bag?" Chris asked once he looked over at the bag in my hand but instead of answering his question I just motioned for him to follow me upstairs to our room.

"Y'all better not be up there fucking!" Davion shouted after us just before I shut our room door.

"Wassup? Everything okay?" He asked while pulling me over to him by my hand so that I was now standing in between his legs while he sat down on the bed.

I sighed and pulled the pictures out of the plastic bag. My nerves were bad because I was afraid of what he might think about the news. He stared down at the pictures in disbelief before glancing back up at me.

"Are you for real?" Happiness laced his voice which only caused my nervous smile to turn into a happy wide one, because his happiness means everything to me.

"Nah I just got some fake ass ultrasounds from the super market." I said while playfully rolling my eyes at him. "Yes, baby I'm for real."

He stared at the pictures with amazement even though you couldn't really see anything, the baby was most definitely there.

"You just made me the happiest man in the world AGAIN..mannn I love you so fucking much." He said as he jumped up and attacked me in a bear hug while he kissed me repeatedly all over my face.

"I love you too." I giggled in between him kissing my face. After he was satisfied by the thousands of kisses he planted on my face, he sat back down on the bed and pulled me back in between his legs.

He lifted up my shirt and placed both of his hands on my belly and since they were warm I didn't mind. But when I stared down at him, my heart skipped a couple beats because of the joy on his face.