Chapter 9: A Special Date (1/2)

Alex's POV:

It's 4:00 and I finished my last recording of the day early... so I'm just texting Red. Apparently he just finished too. He offered to drive me home, I gladly accepted and started packing up my things (whilst still texting Red). Once I pack everything up I go to the front entrance and wait for Red to drive me home.

*Time skip to once you get home*

Red just dropped me off and now it's time to get ready for our date.... I've been spending a lot of time with him lately. I've just been falling for him more and more each day. He's so romantic... who would know am I right? Anyways I walk in my room and open my closet to see if there's anything cute I could wear and there's... nothing. Well fuck me. Maybe I could go shopping real quick? Yeah I should text Jordan. But I'll have to text Red to, to see if I need to dress classy or anything.

Alex- Hey Jordan, up for shopping? If you are we need to go right now... I need to go get an outfit for my date with Red and be back at 6:00!

Jordan- Sure!

Alex- I'll drive you if you want...

Jordan- Sure, I'll start getting ready now, see you then.

Alex- Byeeee

I grab my small bag I brought to work and my phone (like always) also my keys, then head out to my car to go pick up Jordan.

*Time skip to when Jordan and Alex are on their way to the mall*

"Hey Jordan could you text Red for me?" I say and hand her my phone. "Yeah sure, what do you want me to say?" She says and unlocks my phone then searches for my messages with Red. "Ask him what kind of clothes I should wear, like fancy or casual." I say as I turn a corner and look over at Jordan as I do so. "Hey Red! It's Jordan, Alex is driving but she wanted me to ask you if she should wear something fancy or casual. Does that sound alright?" She says asking for approval. "Yeah, sounds good. Send it and tell me what he says." I say and then turn the music up louder. Ah I love (insert artist or band here) so much. Me and Jordan yell the lyrics until my phone goes off and then Jordan checks it for me. "He said casual, he also said you don't really need to change if you don't want to but he is. Just khakis and a floral button up shirt for him so yeah." Jordan says and looks at me and waits for me to say what she should text Red next. "Okay say that we're going shopping right now just because we needed girl time and because I don't want to look like a piece of shit on our first date." I say and turn a corner. I hear the keyboard click sounds from the phone and then the little swoosh when it sends. We then wait a moment and then Jordan looks up and says "Yeah he says that's cool too, he had to go though. Barney and him were doing something." "Oh yeah that's fine, just say bye and stuff. I think I know what I'm looking for now though since he's wearing a floral shirt. Do you know which one he was talking about? You've seen him wear it before when he was picking me up from your house after the smoothie challenge! It's a white shirt with really dark red roses on it with some smaller navy blue flowers on it. Ringing a bell?" I say and she looks at me as if I'm crazy "Well shit. I remember the shirt it's just you didn't need to go into such detail!" Jordan's says and we both giggle. "Hey! Don't judge me I pay attention to what ma boy is wearing!" I say and we laugh again. "I actually find that adorable. Anyways why were you explaining the whole shirt thing to me again? What were you planning on getting?" "Oh yeah almost forgot! You know that navy blue short sleeved crop top at Blue Notes?" I say and she nods as she texts Max (I'm aware of his girlfriend okay and they seem cute but she isn't in this story). "Yessss, you were going to buy that last time you were at the mall." "Yeah yeah, and that navy blue skirt with white flowers on it? I want to get those, it'll be cute." I say and just smile at the thought of me and Red going on a cute date together with matching floral clothes."Oh my god! That would be so cute! I'm definitely borrowing that from you too I hope you know that haha." She says as I pull into the parking lot. "Yeah I don't mind I'll just want it back afterwards. Anyways we're here, let's go!" I say and start parking.