Chapter 25: Never Been Happier

Alex's POV:

It's been 14 years since that trip. Fourteen. Me and Red are still together. We are now married actually. It's been a years of all of that hooplah. I'm currently sitting laying in my bed writing a journal with Red sleeping beside me. Fuck, he's so adorable. That's MY husband. My one and only.

My boy.
My guy.
My soulmate.

No this isn't some bullshit someone says when they are secretly unsure of how they feel. I am actually so deeply in love with this man that I know for sure that I will never fall out of love with him. He's helped me with my trust issues, my fears, my insecurities and everything else.

He's done it all. I've done it all for him too. We are both happy with our lives and how it's all played out. My YouTube channel? Well, wow that's something. I hit 10,000,000 subscribers pretty recently and Red had a long while ago. I got all of that from a vlog every Wednesday. Yeah. Just that. Crazy how people can get so hooked on your life through fifteen to ten minute vlogs ever week. I honestly never thought that would ever happen. I am still very consistent with my YouTube channel too. I realized what I was doing wrong.

I was doing what I thought people wanted from me, what I thought people wanted to hear. I was never truly proud or happy with my work too. But once the weekly vlogs started up, I became more comfortable with being myself and saying what I wanted on camera.
Red fixed up all of that insecurity shit and I overcame the idea of people not wanting to hear what I said and get bored of me.

Look.

Look at where that got me.

Insane.

Being myself sounds shitty.

Sounds like a shitty ending to this whole journal I found of all of my adventures with Red. Sounds fucking stupid and cliché.

So,

it wasn't me being myself that made me have the success and happiness I have now.

Guess what it was?

Overcoming my fears and insecurities,

with help.

That could be the same amount of shit and cliché as the first.

But it's the truth.

Talking about it. Overcoming the fear of talking about how I feel. I'm not scared of who I am or how I think anymore. Not even scared of saying what I want and posting it to the internet for anyone to see whenever they fucking pleased.

I'm okay with myself.
Better than okay.

I'm happier than I've ever been.

And here come my kids.
Those little fucks couldn't keep quiet if I offered them 10,000$. But I still love them to death. With all of my heart. With my life. Whatever anyone else would say about their kids that they love so dearly.

Patrick and Jaida.

Pa-tr-ik.
J-ayy-dah.

I don't know. How am I supposed to introduce my 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter?