f o u r t e e n

Itachi slowly awoke on his own bed. "Hey bud," said (name). Itachi slowly awoke. He sat up on the bed. He stared at (name) in the eyes. "Do you remember what happened?" She asked. He nodded. "I didn't drink that much, because trust me, I remember everything," said Itachi. (Name) gulped as he stared at her intensly.

"U-um, we should find Konan, she must be worried," (name) said. She began to walk out of the room. Itachi sighed, got up and jogged up to her.

They walked across the hallways when he pointed to Konan's room. They walked in and Konan and Pain were both on the edge of the bed. They were both sitting, and Pain's hand was on top of Konan. Both of their eyes were closed, and Pain slowly leaned in, and Konan did. Both of them not noticing Itachi and (name) were there.

Itachi then lost his cool. "YOU UNLOYAL BITCH! THE CONTRACT SAID I'D GET THE MONEY IF I MARRIED YOU AND YOU WERE A LOYAL WIFE. BUT YOU WEREN'T, BITCH," Itachi said, and stormed out of the room.

(Name) chased after him, but he had already ran off. She looked around for him, and decided to check his room. She ran towards his room and slowly opened his door. He was sitting on his bed, running his fingers through his hair. She slowly closed the door behind her, and walked towards him. She slowly walked up next to him. He sat on his bed, looking stressed. And she stood next to him, staring at him.

She took a deep breath, unsure of what to say. All of sudden, before she managed to say anything, Itachi stood up, looking down at her. He placed his hand on her cheek, and caressed it gently. "Everything happens for a reason, (name), and I believe I wasn't meant for Konan. I believe this happened so I can be with you. I love you," said Itachi.

He then pressed his lips against hers without warning. She gently kissed him back, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

************

(Years later)

"Katsumi, go to the grocery store please, me and your father are hosting a family get together tonight," said (name). Itachi stood next to her and slung his arm around her waist. Katsumi laughed, and walked to her room. "Shika, you're coming grocery shopping with me," Katsumi yelled. Shika sighed, and Katsumi laughed as he trudged towards her. He smiled as he got closer to her, and grabbed her hand.

They both walked out to the living room. "Going grocery shopping with Shika!" Katsumi yelled, waving goodbye to her parents. Itachi kissed (name)'s forehead as they stared at Katsumi and Shikadai go to the grocery store.

I'm glad you came back, dad. I knew you cared. I love you, mom and dad.
-Katsumi