CHAPTER 13- State meet (part 3 of 3)

*recap*

                                                          NIALL’S POV

            I want her more than a friend.  I always will.  I will make her mine. 

            45 minutes pass and I see Ashlin starting to warm up.  About 10 more minutes pass and I see her start to line up where she was running.  There were only three other people.  She has to be in the top three. 

            A man comes out and she looks straight at me with most nervous face I’ve ever seen on a person.  I mouth ‘it’s okay ash.  Relax.’  She just nods in my direction.  She gets in her starting position and then.

BANG!

           She takes off and flew down the track.  I’ve seen people in track running before but never that fast.  She is like sonic.  Okay maybe not that fast, but I think you get the point. 

            I think I zoned out for a minute because the next thing I knew she was on the home stretch.  I saw the sweat beads dripping down her face and she was currently in first place.  I was so happy for her, I knew that she could do it!  She has about 200 feet left and she starts to slow down.  No Babe, please keep going!  She starts to speed up a little more although.  She drifts to second and then to third.  The person behind her is slowly gaining on her.  Within 190 more feet the person behind her was even with her.  She needs just a little more extra strength.  Please Ashlin, please keep going!  Within five more feet the person behind her was a step ahead of her.  A second later they were both done.  If only Ashlin had just a little more strength.  Ashlin came in fourth place.  She wasn’t getting to go to her school of her dreams.  It makes me want to cry. 

            I run down the hill I was standing on followed by Quinn and Maryland.  They were sweet but it wasn’t about them currently.  I keep running, but not as fast as Ashlin was.  I get down to where she is and she has tears running down the front of her face.  She is breathing so heavy and she can't catch her breath.  She is having an anxiety attack.  All of the sudden she starts screaming words.

            “I CAN’T FUCKING BELIEVE IT!  HOW THE FUCK COULD I DO THIS TO MYSELF!”  She just comes and starts to hug me while sobbing into my chest.  She cries all of her tears for about 10 minutes while I rubbing her back.  She takes a deep breath and looks up.  Her face was wet and so was my shirt. 

            “Babe, it’s okay.  You’re going to turn out great where ever you end up, trust me.”

            “Well you’re a superstar so you can’t say anything.”  She whispers, I understand she’s upset so I let it slip.

            “Ashlin.  You will, I promise you will.”

            “Okay Niall.”  She says in a sarcastic kind of tone.

            Maryland walks up to us and she whispered something into Ashlin’s ear.  Ashlin put her finger up to me signaling me to wait.  I wonder what Maryland wants.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys!  Lots of drama in the next couple of chapters.  I just started writing chapter 19 and I’ll probably write tomorrow because I’ll have lots of time!  YAY!  I might be putting up another story soon.  If I get bored at my friend’s house tonight then I will.  But it depends also if I can write off my kindle.  So that’s enough for tonight!  I hope you liked the chapter and please vote, comment, share, and become a fan!  The contest is still on.  Thanks so much for 41 reads!  Love you all!  Please just one of you comment!  You will be in the sequel!  Thanks so much! 

Much love, bye guysss!  Xx

Winning is a habit.  Unfortunately so is losing.