CHAPTER 12- STATE MEET (part 2 of 3)

Its 12:00 and it’s our little break that we have.  I’ve talked to the scouts.  I saw Marce and Quinn.  I saw Niall a couple more times also.  The girls met Niall and Quinn might have just about died because that was the first famous person that she ever met.  The scouts made me the most nervous although.

                                                                        *FLASHBACK*

       I'm walking around when I spot one of my scouts.  And it turns out he spots me too because he starts walking towards me.  I give a small smile to let him know that it is me. 

            “Hi Ashlin!  How are you feeling about the race later on?”  Mr. Yackin says.

            “Very, Very nervous!  I might puke if I don’t go and do my race.”

            “Well you know our deal correct?”

            “How could I not?  I must be in the top three so I can get into the school.  And my grade averages are doing really good.  I’ve have straight A’s currently.”

            That’s good!  I have a couple other scouts that are going to be watching you.  But that’s not to add any pressure.”  Well it does dumbass. 

            “Oh, it didn’t add any kind of pressure.  I was already way too nervous to have anything added to it.”

            “Well, I really hope that you do well.  You would make a huge improvement to our school.”

            “Okay, well I have to go back with my team.” 

            “Bye Ashlin.” 

                                                 *END OF FLASHBACK*

            I’m shaking to the core currently.  I can’t stop it either.

            “Hey Ashie.  Are you okay babe?”  Niall comes up and wraps his arms around my shoulders.  Butterflies erupt inside of my stomach.  It isn't because of my race for once either.  It is because of Niall. 

            “Nervous.  So fucking nervous.”  I whisper into his shoulder. 

            “I know babe.  This is how I felt before I auditioned for the X-Factor.  You’ll get through it I promise, I mean I did and look where I am right now.  I’m living my dream and I know you will too.”  He whispers right back to me. 

            He then starts to sing quietly to me the song ‘This’ by Ed Sheeran.

This is the start of something beautiful

 This is the start of something new

 You are the one who'd make me lose it all

 You are the start of something new, ooh

And I'll throw it all away

 And watch you fall into my arms again

 And I'll throw it all away

 Watch you fall, now

You are the earth that I will stand upon

 You are the words that I will sing

And I've thrown it all away

 And watched you fall into his arms again

 And I've thrown it all away