Chapter 18- A Trip

NIALL’S POV

            I text Ashlin that I was going to be there in 10 minutes.  I had stop somewhere before I get to her house.  I decide to speed up because I just have the weirdest feeling that something is going to happen.  I get to this little store that is selling flowers on the corner.  They have the weirdest colored roses.  All of the colors of the rainbow and also black.  I feel like she isn’t a girly girl so I skip over pink.  Black is already out of the question because it seems too dark for a small girl like her.  I don’t really like any of the other colors except blue, orange, and green.  I don’t want to get her orange or green so I decide on blue.  I buy her a dozen and buy a card.  I get back into the car and find a random pen and write out a couple lines out.  My handwriting looks like chicken scratch.  But I don’t care.

          I’m currently about three minutes away from Ashlin’s house and I’m supposed to be there in two.  I decide to speed up and drive a little faster than everyone around me.  I get to her house and slam the door.  I can see her through her front window and it looks like she’s crying.  After I walk in since I was told to walk straight in I find the stairs.  I sort of speed walk and sort of not.  I see her door closed and I know it’s hers.  It looks like she made a sign of her name when she 6 or 7 years old.  There was other doors not open and one slightly open.  There was at least 5 other doors.  I wonder if she had other siblings.  I'm not sure although. 

       I softly knock on the door and there is no answer.  I push the door slightly.  She was laying there, looking like she was passed out.  I rush over and try to take her pulse.  It was beating ever so softly.  That isn't good.  I pulled out my phone and dialed 911, the American cops. 

            “Hello, what is your emergency?”

            “My girlfriend is passed out on the floor!”  Did I really just say girlfriend?

            “Have you tried for a pulse?” 

            “Yes, it’s barely there.”  I rush.

            “Okay Sir, I need you address.” 

            “I don’t know!  I don’t know!  Please help!”  I sob into the phone.  I really care about Ashlin. 

            “Okay we’re going to track your phone.”

            “Okay please hurry!”  I have so many tears trailing down my face and I can barely breathe.

            “Sir, I need to look for any clues that this was planned.”

            “What like this was a suicide?”

            “Yes, like letters, empty bottles, or blood.”  I look around and saw and empty bottle and five letters.  One was addressed to me.

            “Yes there is an empty bottle and letters.”  I hear sirens along with blue and red flashing lights.

            “Okay sir, I can hear the police and ambulance, I’m going to leave you with them.  Goodbye, good luck.”  And with that she hangs up. 

            The knocks on the door echo along with my sobs inside the house.  I run down the stairs, jumping down a few.  I open the door and while swinging back it hit me in the forehead.  I immediately bent down clutching my face.  I barely made a whisper out.

            “Don’t worry about me, she’s upstairs.  The only door open.  Please go help her.”  All the paramedics and cops ran up except one. 

            He sits next to me and makes me remove my hand.  He gets an ice pack and presses firmly onto the new forming bump.  All of the sudden three more paramedics come rushing in with a stretcher.  Two minutes later they come downstairs with her attached to the stretcher. 

            “I need to ride in the ambulance with her.  I need to be with her.  She’s my girlfriend after all.”  That’s what I want to make her at least.

            “Kay sir, we’re leaving now.  Please follow us, we’re taking a little trip.”  The man says in a rushed tone and walked out. 

            I follow behind quickly.  He guides me over into an ambulance and shut the doors and pulls out a walky-talky thing.  He starts speaking things into it which none of it I didn’t understand.  It was a moment that I could text the boys telling them about her and to meet me at the closest hospital.  I also texted Quinn since I had gotten her number earlier since she was Ashlin’s best friend.  I tell her about Ashlin and meet us at the hospital also.  I have this strange feeling that I should’ve grabbed the letters before I left.  But I didn’t and I can’t go back now.  Not right now.

******************************************************************************************************************

Hi guys!  I hope you liked this chapter!  Its means a lot for the people that actually read these notes!  So I just finished the story today!  It’s really interesting and actually kind of sad.  This isn’t the last chapter though.  Chapter 23 and a epilogue will be the end of it.  I’m going to start writing the sequel now.  I’ll go up to chapter 7 and then start posting.  I expect December maybe?  Not really sure yet.  When this is over I’ll be editing it!  So that’s all for today!

Please vote, comment, share, and become a fan.  Thanks for reading!  Love you loads.

Xx

Will Niall get the letters?

The two hardest things to say in life is hello for the first time and goodbye the last. 

Edited- December 22nd, 2013