7

Chapter 7 

Utrecht

9:12 

"Why are you so sleepy?" Rina asked Noelle, while both of them were rushing to get to their class. Noelle didn't look that good, especially after four nights straight spent working with Martijn on the lyrics of their song and the song itself. She only slept a few hours per night, since school already started and she had to wake up early every morning. 

"Didn't sleep well last night," Noelle replied, shrugging. She hoped, that Rina wouldn't suspect anything, because it won't be good, if that will happen. 

"Well, you were sleepy yesterday and the night before. Is everything alright?" 

"Yeah, just a lot of homework," Noelle lied, opening the door to the class. Getting inside, she instinctively met gazes with Martijn, who was sitting at a desk, on the other side of the room, constantly smirking and talking to his friends. 

"Okay," Rina shrugged and sat down at her desk, taking out her things. Noelle did the same, taking out her phone and sending a text to Martijn. 

Noelle: Meet me after this class, when everyone leaves. 

Martijn: Ok

The teacher came into class, beginning to rant about something. Noelle copied down the notes onto her computer. She found it a bit boring to constantly copy everything down on her computer, but the pace at which the teacher switched slides was too fast.  

When she finally got a spare moment, she took out a plain, transparent folder, on which, with a permanent marker, she wrote Animals + MG. Opening it, she took out the bits and pieces of paper, setting some of them in front of her, hoping that the teacher won't notice her a bit suspicious actions. 

Reading through the lyrics, she searched for something to correct or remove and replace. So far, they were okay and she liked them a lot, but it wasn't finished yet and she really wanted to finish them as soon as possible, so that the vocals would be recorded. 

Immersed in the world of writing, she didn't really notice, that the bell rang and everyone got up and began packing for the next class. Quietly putting everything to do with the song in the folder, she closed her laptop, hoping that everyone would leave, so that she could talk to Martijn. 

Looking around, she pretended to gather everything very slowly and put it inside her backpack, purposely misplacing items. Rina was already done and she came up to her, observing the way Noelle tried to fake being slow. 

"Do you want me to wait for you?" She asked, raising one eyebrow and staring at the way, how Noelle accidentally dropped a pen. 

"No, it's okay," Noelle smiled back at her and Rina shrugged, leaving Noelle. She was the last to exit and once she did, Noelle exhaled in relief, packing everything as fast as possible. 

Moving her gaze up, her eyes met with Martijn's, who she didn't expect to come so close to her. She didn't notice, the way he quietly. 

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked her and both of them headed outside, into the stuffy corridors. 

"I've nearly finished the lyrics," Noelle answered, while walking through the giant crowd of students, which all were hurrying to get sorted into their classrooms. "I need just one more verse."