Chapter 3 An unforgettable Party

The signs started at the house and led us to a path in the woods. That seemed like a bad idea but Lexi was still dragging me so I couldn't turn around and go back. The path was about 2 blocks from the B&B making it convenient if I decided to leave early, which I was. The path was narrow, surrounded by trees and completely dark. I was just thankful I could see really well in the dark or I'd be tripping over stuff or running into trees. Lexi wasn't having any problems in here heels that she refused to change. Soon we started to hear the sound of music and people talking, and laughing.

"Wonder what all they do at this party" Lexi questioned.

"Human sacrifice" I said seriously knowing Lexi would just laugh at me.

"Yeah probably sacrifice the grumpiest person here" she said smiling at me.

"I'm not grumpy just on guard" I replied seeing her roll her eyes.

The trees thinned out showing a bright glow ahead with more voices than I expected. When we stepped out of the trees I couldn't believe what I saw. It was amazing with tiki torches along a path to the lake that reflected the stars. The sand looked black in the dark and white in the light. Tables were lined up with all kinds of food and drinks; music was loud but not deafening loud. People were scattered all over the place talking, dancing, having a good time, there was even a bonfire with logs around it to sit on. It reminded me of our summer party after graduation.

"You came" someone yelled but I couldn't see who it was until Hunter appeared in front of us smiling like a fool. He was wearing a black button up dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, dark blue jeans and new tennis shoes. His blonde hair was styled into a spikey look that looked really good.

"Of course we came" Lexi sang. She was almost drooling and Hunter kept looking her up and down. I could disappear and they would never notice. No wonder Lexi wanted to come so bad.

"Ok" I said stretching the word out then walked away. Neither one of them said a word. Most of the people here were teenagers to young adults but there were a few older people here that seemed to be keeping an eye on things. Probably making sure the teenagers didn't get to rowdy. The water was making small waves onto the beach with soft splashing sounds. I kneelt down putting my hand in the water to feel it was actually pretty warm.

"Perfect temperature to go swimming" a voice said from behind making me jump up and turn around. Jeff was standing a few feet away with 2 other guys. The one on his right had light brown hair that was cut short, honey colored eyes, thin lips and a rather impressive body. He was wearing a white t-shirt, tan cargo shorts, and flip flops. The guy on the left was wearing the same but with a dark blue shirt and high tops. He had black hair with the spikey look, green eyes and looked like a basketball player.

"Sorry didn't bring my suit" I said looking back to Jeff who was also wearing cargo shorts, a black tank top, and white tennis shoes.

"No need for a suit if you're wearing underwear" Jeff said with a smile.

"Nope don't have that either" I lied. Jeff's eyes looked like they'd pop out any second.

"We could go skinny dipping" the guy with black hair smirked

"Nope, not skinny enough for that" I said fighting a smile.

"Then how about we just throw you in" the other guy said.

"Nope I don't want to go to jail tonight" and all three of them gave me a confused look.

"Why would you go to jail if we threw you in the lake" Jeff asked.