Chapter 19 JP's POV Mate

Chapter 19 JP’s POV Mate

“What the hell do you mean that Riley’s right?” I couldn’t control my anger as I yelled at Rachelle. Everything that’s happened had me on edge and then for Riley to knock Beth out and accuse her of lying pissed me off. Beth can be a bitch but why would she lie about something like this?

“I’m sorry Jordan, I know this is hard for you but Beth isn’t pregnant. She probably panicked when you dumped her and thought that was the only way she’d keep you. I don’t know but I do know whatever her reason it was the wrong one. Maybe you should talk to her” Rachelle said looking into the room where Beth lay unconscious still. I didn’t want to talk to her, I didn’t even want to look at her. So instead I ran outside stripping my clothes off and shifted. I needed away from here, away from all the drama and confusion. My wolf was happy to be free, to run through the woods while he longed for his mate but he also longed to be free. Without realizing where I was I ended up at my parent’s house.  Looking around I heard the snap of a twig behind me and turned just in time to see a black blur slam into me. My body didn’t move as I stared down at the little wolf lying on the ground beside me.

“AH, that’s not fair JP” I heard Maggie’s voice cry in my head. It made me smile as she stood up shaking the leaves from her fur.

“Sorry Kid but you’re not big enough to take me on” I said nudging her with my nose making her fall over again. She jumped up going for my leg biting me just above my paw. Her teeth weren’t super sharp but she had a good grip.

“Ok, ok I give” I laughed so she’d let go.

“Can I go see Riley, I want to show her my wolf” Maggie asked turning my mood dark again. I wasn’t ready to see Riley either. Why would she attack Beth for no reason, why would she hit her knowing she was pregnant? But Riley knew, somehow she knew Beth wasn’t and maybe that’s why. But that doesn’t make sense either because I don’t think Riley even likes me enough to care that Beth is lying to me.

“JP” Maggie shouted making me look down at her.

“Sorry sis not right now” I said before turning and running back into the woods leaving a very upset Maggie behind. I never treat her like that but I needed to be alone right now, needed time to think and clear my head. For the first time ever I put my block up so I couldn’t hear anyone including Beth when she woke up.

I ran Hunter’s territory 3 times before I finally stopped to rest behind the hospital. It wasn’t long before Hunter and Lexi came out followed by Alpha Mason Cartwright himself. I forgot he was going to be here and that Lexi said he had a thing for Riley. He was probably up there with her, charming her trying to get her to go on that date since she knows about him now. Anger burned inside me making me growl at him when he got closer. He held his hands up backing away from me.

“JP stop that right now, he’s here to help” Lexi snapped. I knew she was angry but her anger was for other reasons that I’m sure have to do with Beth and Riley. Hunter held up my clothes waving them at me.

“Shift so we can talk” Hunter said. Defeated I shifted ripping the clothes out of Hunters hand and got dressed.