Chapter 2

Hermione was on her way to the dungeons when a door opened and someone covered her mouth and grabbed her, pulling her into an empty classroom. The person released her and she turned around, saying, "The nerve of so-!" She stopped mid-sentence when she saw who her kidnapper was: Draco Malfoy.
"Shut up, Granger! Do you want someone to catch us?" Malfoy hissed.
"Wha-wh-why on Earth did you do that?!" Hermione spluttered.
"Just be quiet and listen. I know you have feelings for me, and I you, but we need to be careful about how we display those forbidden emotions. People cannot ever know that a pureblood loves a mudblood and vice versa. Here's my idea-"
"Malfoy! What the bloody hell are you talking about?" Hermione interrupted, confused, furious, and somehow intrigued all at the same time. Malfoy gave an impatient sigh. "Honestly, Granger, sometimes I wonder how you are the smartest girl in the school. As I was saying..."
"Wait, you think I'm the smartest girl in the school?" Hermione cut in again.
"Yes, pay attention," Draco snapped. "Now..."
"No, let me talk first," Hermione interrupted yet again. "First off, I already knew you liked me-"
"What? How?!" Malfoy's eyes widened. Hermione had never noticed how beautiful his eyes were until now...she shuddered slightly. "Do you really think I don't notice the way you stare at me during Potions and in the library?"
"Is it that obvious?" he asks incredulously.
"Yes, now would you please listen! Second, I don't know how you know, but you were right, I do like you, and finally, if this is some sick joke, I swear to God I will kill you," she finished.
Draco moved closer and looked at her flirtingly. "Mm, you are so attracted to me."
Hermione looked away, flustered. "Maybe a little," she murmured.
"Oh? And what is it about me that is so dashing? Maybe...my bleach blonde hair? Or my icy gray eyes? Or maybe-"
"It's everything, ok? Hair, eyes, the whole nine yards! Now if you'd please excuse me-" But she was cut off by Malfoy pressing his lips to hers. Her first reaction was to slap him, but realized, he was a great kisser. Better than most boys she had kissed. She relaxed, and was soon kissing him back. Draco was running his hands along her back when the door flew open. Hermione and Draco leapt apart, but it was too late. Harry and Ron had already seen her and Draco. Harry looked utterly disgusted, while Ron looked about ready to murder someone. Hermione looked at Draco, then her friends, and then back to Draco.
"Um...I have to go," she said, pushing past Harry and Ron and starting down the hall. Ron stood in the door frame glaring daggers at Malfoy until Harry pulled him with him after Hermione.
"Hermione!" Ron shouted furiously, leaving Harry behind. She turned and stopped, then flinched as Ron grabbed her roughly.
"What the hell were you thinking?" he roared. He paused, then continued. "Were you even thinking at all?" Before he could stop himself, he pulled back his hand and slapped Hermione across the face. She gasped in surpise and stumbled back a bit. She put a hand on her stinging cheek and ran back the way she was going, tears pooling in her blue eyes. Ron spun around and ran straight into Harry. Harry looked at him strangely, but Ron just shoved past him and disappeared around the corner. He stared after him for a few seconds, then ran to find Hermione. He went down a couple of corridors before he found her. She was sitting on the Quidditch pitch, and though he was at least 10 feet away, he could see that her shoulders were shaking slightly. He ran over and say beside her, putting his arm around her shoulders. "What happened?" he asked softly. She stayed silent, but turned so he could see the bright red handprint on her right cheek. Harry frowned. "Ron?" he inquired. Hermione nodded pitifully. He pulled her off the ground and looked her in the eyes.
"Tell me exactly what happened, from the beginning."

After she had finished, Harry was shocked. "'Mione, what I don't understand is...why do you even HAVE feelings for him? He's tormented you since our first year, calling you a mudblood and teasing you relentlessly! Yet here you are saying you love him??" Hermione sighed. "I don't understand it either."