Chapter 14

"Hard to believe this is our last full day of our vacation," Hermione sighed.
Draco grinned mysteriously. "We are going to make this the best day of our vacation. Just let me get dressed first."
Hermione laughed. "Good idea." Draco came out of the bathroom a few minutes later wearing his gray suit and Slytherin-green tie. Hermione looked him over skeptically. "You're wearing that?"
He shrugged. "I don't see a problem."
Hermione shook her head. "Ok, if that's what you want!"
He raised his eyebrows. "Oh, but it is! Ready to go?"
"Yep!"
They started to leave, but Draco turned around. "You go on ahead. I just forgot something." He rushed back into the room and opened his top dresser drawer. He dug underneath his socks and pulled out the small velvet box and put it in his inside pocket.

They took a cab downtown and browsed the shops that were there. Hermione drug him into countless clothes stores, shoe stores, and other girlish places, but he didn't mind. He as busy planning the rest of their perfect day in France. He found Hermione admiring an especially beautiful diamond necklace. He put his arms around her waist from behind and said, "You want me to get that for you?"
Hermione turned and looked at him with wide eyes. "Oh, no, it's fine! You don't have to. I was just looking."
Draco fingered the necklace. "Well, I'm not giving you a choice," he said sternly, but she could see the sparkle in his eyes.
"Thanks, baby," she said, sneaking him a kiss.
"How much for this?" Draco called to the store owner.
"30 Galleons," came the reply.
Hermione looked at him in horror. "Oh, that's too expensive! I can't let you spend that much on me!"
The owner heard her and came to the counter. "I'll lower it to 20 Galleons, just for you," he said, and, sensing her protest, held up a hand. "You don't have a choice."
Hermione sighed in mock defeat. "Ok."

"Want to go to the Eiffel Tower?" Draco asked.
"Again? We've gone almost every day! But I guess if you really want to," Hermione said. They walked there, as it wasn't very far from where they were.
"It never ceases to amaze me," Hermione commented.
"What?"
"Just the beauty of this country."
"Ah," Draco nodded. He took Hermione's hands in his and got down on one knee, taking out the velvet box.
Hermione gasped. "Draco, what are you doing?!"
"'Mione, I know We haven't always gotten along, but I have loved you since the moment I first saw you whether you believe me or not, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Hermione Granger, will you marry me?"
"Oh my God, yes! Yes I will!" Hermione flung her arms around him. Draco picked her up and spun her around. Hermione leaned up and kissed him. A crowd had gathered around them, and they all started cheering loudly. Draco pulled away and placed the ring on Hermione's left ring finger. They made their way through the crowd, getting lots of "congratulations", and other praises. They finally escaped and went back to the hotel.

The pair got to the room and Draco said, "I think this calls for a drink." He went to the mini fridge and took out a bottle of expensive French wine. They had a couple of glasses before finishing any packing they had left to do.
"Train leaves at 8:00 this time, but let's not oversleep again!" Hermione said.
"Agreed," Draco murmured, moving closer and slowly pulling off Hermione's blue shirt. She giggled and kissed him, undoing his tie while he reached under her shirt. Draco led her into the bedroom and closed the door behind them.

They didn't oversleep this time, and boarded the train at exactly 8:00. Hermione stared out the window, taking in what she could of the last bit of France she would see for a while. Draco slept for about an hour, as he was still not used to waking up very early. Hermione sat back, deep in thought. She was thinking that she would invite her friends over after she got home, and she and Draco could announce their engagement there. She fell asleep planning the decorations.