Chapter 4

Harry glanced at his watch for perhaps the third time in the last 5 minutes.
"Relax! She'll be here soon enough," Ron told him, not for the first time.
Harry glared at him. "Maybe, but Hermione is never late for anything, especially for a day out with her best friends." Just then, Hermione came rushing around the corner, looking a bit more disorderly than usual.
"Sorry I'm late," she planted. "I was...busy." Harry and Ron glanced at each other suspiciously. Ron shrugged, and Harry turned to Hermione. "Ready?" he asked. She nodded eagerly. "Let's go!" They started walking across the grass. "So...what were you busy doing?" Harry asked. Hermione blushed deeply, and both Harry and Ron noticed it. "Um...homework," she replied hurriedly. Ron frowned and looked down at her shirt. "Homework caused your shirt to get buttoned up the wrong way? And your hair all mussed up? Hermione-"
"Bloody hell, alright. I wasn't doing homework. I was-" Ron cut her off abruptly.
"What were you doing then?"
"IsleptwithMalfoy!" Hermione said, slurring the words together.
"I-What? I didn't get that," Harry said, confused. Hermione turned away, shame faced. "I slept with Malfoy," she practically whispered. Harry and Ron gasped in anger and shock.
"You WHAT?" Ron snarled. His face was contorted with anger and hatred. Hermione took a deep breath and faced her best friends. "I told you. I slept with Malfoy and I am completely unashamed." She looked Ron directly in the face. "And I'm sorry Ron if the first guy I slept with wasn't you. I've only seen you as a friend, nothing more." She started to walk away, but stopped and turned around. "Maybe we should do this another time. I need some alone time." As she was walking back, Ron muttered, "Yeah...some time alone with her new boyfriend." Without looking back, Hermione called, " I heard that, Ronald!" Ron just glared at her retreating back. When she was out of sight, Ron turned to Harry. "I cannot believe she did it with Malfoy! Of all people!" he exploded.
"Ron, calm down," Harry said. "Calm down?! How can you expect me to calm down when the love of my life just slept with my worst enemy?" he yelled. Harry looked at him, shocked. "Love of your life?" he asked. Ron realized that he had said too much, but it was too late now. "Ron, I honestly never knew that you had feelings for Hermione," he said.
"Yeah, well, she doesn't love me back, she loves that slimeball Malfoy. Guess I'm not good enough for her." Ron shrugged and walked off before Harry could say anything more. Harry reached out to grab his shoulder, but faltered. His arm dropped to his side as he watched his best friend slowly make his way to the castle, head down. He sighed and went to go find Hermione.

He found her in the library talking to someone he couldn't see. He frowned and walked toward her. "Erm...'Mione?" He asked cautiously. She didn't look up, but the person next to her did: Malfoy. Now Hermione looked up.
"What do you want, Potter?" Malfoy sneered. Harry glared at him. " I was just wondering if I could talk to Hermione."
Malfoy shrugged. "Go ahead. She's right here."
"In private," Harry growled through clenched teeth. Hermione looked at Draco. "I'll be right back," she said.
"Do hurry. I need to get this essay done," Malfoy replied, kissing her quickly.
Harry gagged. "Gross," he muttered under his breath. Hermione got up and followed Harry to an isolated corner of the library. "Did you need something?" she asked.
Harry sighed and faced her. "I think you hurt Ron's feelings," he began.
"Is that so?" Hermione raised her eyebrows.
"Yes it is. After you left he..."
"He what?" Hermione snapped.
Now Harry was getting annoyed. "He told me that he loved you, and he said that since you are now Malfoy's girlfriend, apparently he wasn't good enough for you," he snapped back.
"Well, I'm sorry he thinks that. Maybe if he treated me better things could've been different. It's not my problem he's jealous that I have a boyfriend who isn't him," Hermione said curtly. She turned and walked back to where Malfoy was sitting. Draco said something that Harry couldn't hesr, and saw Hermione embrace him. Malfoy glared in his direction and smirked. Harry just glared at him and left the room, disgusted.

Hermione pulled out of Draco's warm embrace and sighed. "What's wrong, baby?" Draco asked, frowning.
She shook her head. "Nothing. I'm just tired."
"Want to go to bed?" he said mischievously.