Chapter 13

Almost 4 years had gone by. Hermione had turned 20 already, and Draco had been that age for a few months. Their relationship was progressing well, and they had a big trip to Paris planned in a few days.
"I'm so excited we finally get to do this!" Hermione was saying as she folded a shirt and tucked it into her trunk.
"I am too! Just think. We'll have 2 weeks in Paris all to ourselves," Draco agreed.
Hermione glanced at her watch. "I'd better start dinner. Anything in particular that you want?"
"No. Just make some sandwiches or something," he replied, closing his trunk.
"Alright."

After dinner, they finished packing and had a few glasses of wine.
"To us," Hermione said, raising her glass.
"To us," Draco echoed.
Hermione yawned. "Well, I'm off to bed. We've an early start tomorrow."
"What time does the train leave?" Draco asked.
"7:30."
"Oh lordy."
"Yep. Ok, goodnight!" Hermione gave him a quick kiss.
"'Night! I'll be up there in a bit."

When Draco went upstairs to bed half an hour later, Hermione was already fast asleep, so he slipped underneath the quilt as quietly as possible so he wouldn't wake her. She rolled over in her sleep and wrapped her arm around his middle. He smiled and kissed her forehead before going to sleep.

"Draco, come on! We overslept and the train leaves in 20 minutes!" Draco was shaken awake by Hermione, who was frantically running around trying to gather all of the luggage into one place. He sprung out of bed and threw on jeans and a t-shirt and hauled his trunk downstairs along with Hermione's. He started loading everything into his truck and was done by the time Hermione came out with her small backpack, locking the door behind her.
"Do we have everything?" she asked anxiously.
"I believe so," he responded. "Come on, we have to hurry."

They got to the train station right on time. Hermione found an empty compartment and they entered it, both tired out.
"Let's not do that again!" she breathed.
"Do what? Oversleep or forget the trunk with all of the clothes?"
"WHAT?!" Hermione almost shrieked.
Draco smirked. "I'm just messing with you. We have it."
"Draco! Don't do that! I almost had a heart attack!" Hermione scolded.
Draco gazed at her. "We are finally going to Paris together. I have been waiting for this since we first started dating."
"Really? That's a long time," Hermione said.
"Yes it it. Too long, in fact." He laced his fingers behind his head and stared out the window at the passing scenery.

"What a fancy hotel room!" Draco observed.
"Draco, you were the one who booked it, not me," Hermione reminded him.
"I know. It was just a statement. What should we do first?"
"Probably unpack," Hermione said.
"Oh, come on! We can save that for later! Let's go downtown or something first," Draco pleaded.
"Oh, alright," Hermione gave in. They hung around downtown for a few hours, then stopped in a small cafè for a bite to eat.
Draco reached across the table and took Hermione's hand. "This is going to be an amazing vacation," he promised.
Hermione smiled. "Indeed it will."

Back at the hotel room, they went to bed early so they could have a bit more fun before the day ended. Little did Hermione know she was in for a surprise on their last day in Paris, France. Once Hermione was asleep, Draco got up and opened the dresser, fingering a small box hidden under his socks. He replaced it quietly and went back to bed.