Chapter 5

It had been 2 weeks since Draco and Hermione had started dating. The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs didn't really care. On the other hand, the Slytherins and Gryffindors despised it, but learned to live with it. Hermione and Draco were rarely seen without each other; studying, walking to classes, the like. Hermione rather liked it, as did Draco. Ron and Harry, not so much. Ron had stopped talking to Hermione altogether, but Harry was still friendly. Some sacrifices had to be made, was what Hermione had said.

That morning was the day of the first Quidditch match of the season. It was Slytherin versus Ravenclaw, and Draco and the rest of the Slytherins were totally pumped. The Ravenclaws were just nervous. Hermione was outside studying for her Charms test; it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. She was taking some notes when someone came up behind her and covered her eyes. "Hey!" she exclaimed. Draco uncovered her eyes and laughed.
"Got ya!"
Hermione stuck her tongue out playfully. "Oh, shush."
"Wanna come watch me practice?" Draco asked.
"I'd love to, but-" Hermione started.
"Come on, please? You can study later," Draco begged.
She smiled. "I guess I can come for a little bit," she gave in. She gathered her materials and followed Draco to the Quidditch pitch. She sat down in the stands and watched him do fancy flips and show off for her.
He flew over near her on his Firebolt and shouted, "'Mione, watch this!" He stood up on his broomstick, balancing precariously.
"Oh, do be careful!" Hermione called back. He came over to where she was standing and leaned closer, still standing on his broom. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her. At that moment, most of the school decided to come out to the pitch to find good seats. They all looked up, shouting at them.
"Ooh, look at them! They're so cute!" a Ravenclaw student shouted. Draco continued kissing Hermione, not caring that the whole school saw them. Draco slowly pulled away, a smirk on his face. Hermione looked into his eyes, then noticed the crowd watching them. "Um..." She laughed awkwardly. Draco lifted her onto his broom, ignoring her shrieks of horror. He flew to the ground and landed them both safely. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before saying, "Go to go get ready. Love you!" and sprinting away. Hermione looked around at everyone. The first and second year Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were all staring at her, wide-eyed. She grinned at them and said, "And that is how you do it." They laughed and Hermione slipped away.

Hermione made her way to the stands, looking for Harry and Ron. Harry spotted her and waved. She waved back and headed towards them. She climbed up by them and sat down. "Good morning!" she said cheerfully.
"Morning!" Harry replied. Ron was silent and avoided her gaze. "Excited for this match?" she asked, only trying to be friendly. Ron swung around to face her and said, "Yeah, I am. And at least you won't have any trouble deciding who you want to win." Hermione's face fell. "Oh...ok," she said.
"Be quiet! The game is starting!" Harry said. Ron shut his mouth and sulked in his seat the rest of the game. Slytherin won, which just made Ron angrier.

After the match, Hermione was still sitting on the bleachers, even though everyone had already left. She found it quite peaceful. She heard someone coming towards her, but she didn't acknowledge it. She felt someone's arms around her shoulders, pulling her close. She leaned into Draco's chest, sobbing quietly.
He stroked her hair, whispering into her ear. "What happened?" he asked. Hermione looked up and sniffed. "Nothing really. It just bugs me when Ron gets jealous whenever I date someone who isn't him. I've told him that I only see him as a friend, but he just doesn't get it."
"Have you two dated before?" Draco inquired.
"No. I don't feel that way about him," Hermione said softly.
Draco gently caressed her back. "He just needs to get over himself, and find another girl. He'll get used to it eventually," Draco assured her.
Hermione sighed miserably. "I sure hope so."