Chapter 11

Clavius moved closer to Hermione, reaching behind her and slowly unzipping her dress. Hermione unbuttoned his shirt, running her hands over his chest. She let her dress fall to the floor and pushed Clavius to the bed. She kissed him fiercely, giving in to her urges. Clavius kissed her back, pushing her under him. They didn't hear Draco open the front door.

"Did Clavius bring Hermione back yet?" Draco said to René, who was sitting on a velvet sofa.
She gave him a bored look
"Last I saw they went into that bedroom." She indicated upstairs.
He frowned. "Why did they go up there?" he murmured to himself. He climbed the creaky stairs slowly. He got to the top and heard a loud crash. He threw open the door of the room it came from and gasped in horror. There, on the bed, was his cousin on top of his girlfriend.
She shrieked and pulled up the covers. Clavius looked at Draco smugly.
"D-Draco, I can explain..." Hermione started.
He glared at her. "No need to. I understand now you needed someone else...to satisfy you." Hermione met his gaze, tears glittering in her blue eyes. "It's not like that!" she cried, gathering her clothes and putting them back on. Draco noticed Clavius staring at her hungrily. He scowled at him viciously. Clavius smirked.
"Then what is it like?" Draco said roughly.
"It...it's complicated. Can we...talk about it at home?" she asked feebly.
Draco sighed. "I just don't know, Hermione. I think we need some time away from each other."
Hermione drew a shuddering breath, knowing that this was pretty much inevitable. "Alright. Move out whenever you're ready," she replied, willing herself not to cry.
"I'll start tonight," he said, not meeting her eyes.
Clavius cleared his throat. "If I might say something-"
"No you may not," Draco hissed and stalked out, Hermione trailing behind him.

The car ride home was completely silent. Neither one said anything, both staring ahead blankly. They pulled into the driveway and got out. Draco unlocked the front door and immediately collapsed on a chair, his head in his hands. Hermione hesitated, then walked to him and rubbed his shoulders. After a few minutes, Hermione noticed he was shaking. She sat down beside him, her hand around his waist, tears falling down her face like a waterfall.
Draco looked up. "Why? Why would you do this to me?" he whispered.
Hermione shook her head. "I don't know! There was just something about him...that made me do that! I can't explain it," she said miserably.
He sighed. "I'd better start packing."

Hermione sat alone in her house, listening to the dead silence. Already she missed Draco, though she knew she had brought this upon herself. She curled up on the couch and fell asleep.
Ding dong! Hermione jumped up, startled by the doorbell. She opened the door and saw it was Clavius. She glowered at him. "What do you want?"
He laughed. "Don't worry, 'Mione, I'm here to apologize, not to screw you again."
She waved him in. "Alright. So apologize."
He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Look, I'm really sorry for what I did yesterday. I knew you were with someone, and it was wrong of me to take that away from you. I hope you can forgive me?"
Hermione thought for a moment. "I'm sorry, Clavius, I don't think I can."
"Oh, come on, baby, don't make me beg!" Clavius started to undo his belt buckle.
Hermione looked away. "Don't," she said through gritted teeth.
He shrugged. "Very well." He turned to leave.
Hermione closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Wait."
He turned around. "Mmm, so you've changed your mind!" He approached her slowly and stopped, inches from her lips. He leaned in, but she shoved him away harshly. She felt the same as she had earlier, but she ignored it. In its place she felt a burning rage in her stomach. She clenched her fists and screamed, "GET OUT! Get out, get out, get out! I never want to see your face again! Leave me alone!"
Clavius looked shocked. "Ok, I'm going! Geez!"
"Just SHUT UP AND LEAVE!" She yelled.
Clavius spun around and muttered, "Crazy slut," before slamming the door.
Hermione ran upstairs to her bedroom and threw herself onto the bed, sobbing loudly. She moved over to where Draco had slept and breathed in the minty scent he had left behind and cried herself to sleep.