chapter 11

After getting out of the shower, I felt much better about the situation. I guess being filthy before set me in a bad mood. All my dried up blood had washed off and left clear, pure white, unblemished skin. But the tone of skin had only gone whiter by a shade. I had been very pale to begin with.

Speedily, I dried off, even though I was dreading talking to Kathy. To admit the truth to myself, I was just doing everything so fast to investigate how fast I could go. It was a really weird feeling; going from human speed to vampire speed. Being a vampire, everything just sped up. Maybe time would. But I doubted it. Usually when you are anticipating something, time tends to move slower.

Sighing in frustration, I walked to the door, grabbed the seemingly too small uniform, and slipped it on easily.

There was a white blouse, black tie, black overcoat, and a plaid skirt. Kathy had also slipped some shoes and other essential things I needed in while I had been distracted in the shower.

Once I was done, I went to examine myself in the mirror. And was completely shocked and stunned at what I saw.

It didn't even look like me. Compared to myself before, I had been painfully thin so I didn't seem to have any curves. Now, I did. Some of the anorexic-thin look had apparently gone away during the transformation... and I guess you could call that okay. I hated when people say things about how skinny I was. Now, they couldn't really object. I just looked... 'natural' now; like I was naturally thin.

I realized I had to let go of the past... that included trying to forget how I last looked. Damian had been right in how it was best to lose your memory of your previous life before... I stopped thinking of this, and went back to what I was doing.

Healthy, except how pale I was, was how I looked now. The uniform fit nicely, loose for the most part, and I could definitely move in it. I guess it wasn't that bad... I took in the rest of my new looks.

With the uniform, I did look like a school girl. Just like everyone else here. Maybe physically I would blend in. It could be possible... later I would have to look at Kathy and compare myself to her to make sure.

I spotted a hair dryer on the vanity slash sink, and decided to take the liberty to dry my hair. I didn't like people to see my hair when it was wet. It looked like black seaweed or something.

It took about fifteen minutes, a shorter time than before, to dry it completely. After that, I looked back in the mirror, deciding if I was suitable to be seen now. I noticed with shock that my eyes were impeccably green –much more vibrant than before.

I guess I looked all right... I took a big breath.

It was time to face Kathy.

I crossed the bathroom and opened the door to find a very anxious Kathy standing almost in front of the door waiting for me. Her face turned from restless to shock in a blink of an eye. I frowned when I saw that. She was probably thinking that I looked horrid, and if she thought that, most other people would probably too...

"What?" I think I may have said it too harshly, because she flinched back slightly.

"Oh... Sorry. It was just a surprise. You look amazing. I'm afraid I'm jealous." She smirked at me, suddenly elated again. Her answer shocked me to the point that I almost looked like her as she was only a few seconds earlier, but I kept my expression clear. What did she just say? How could I ever look 'amazing'? If my plan was to work, I couldn't have everyone staring at me, thinking I looked great. I needed everyone to think I was plain and normal, so I could fit in well and fade into the background. I stared at Kathy, keeping my expression carefully clear.