Chapter 10

Draco's POV:

Hermione snuggled into me and soon she fell asleep. I sat there watching her for what felt like hours (but was only five minutes) and herd the loud crack of apparation outside my door.

I gently moved away from Hermione and went to the door. I opened it cautiously and saw none other than Harry Potter.

"Where is she?" He growled pointing his wand at my throat.

"Calm down Potter, you might wake her." I whispered harshly. "She's on the couch."

Potter pushed me out of the way and went to Hermione's side. He picked her up bridal style and started to walk out the door until I stepped in front of him.

"Where are you going?" I said in a harsh tone.

"Why would you care?"

"I-i just do!" I stuttered.

We both looked at Hermione when she started to shift.

"I'm taking her now!" Harry growled.

"Taking me where?" Hermione asked still half asleep.

"My house, Ron's been-," Harry started before he was cut off.

"NO!" Hermione yelled causing Harry to drop her.

She fell flat on her back. She tried to get up but cried in pain and laid back down. I quickly bent down and picked her up off the floor. I looked at Potter and he looked bewildered by my gesture.

"You heard her Potter, she doesn't want to go," I said rudely.

"Harry, do me a favor?" Hermione asked. "Punch Ron in the nose for me?"

"What did he do?"

"HE BLOODY CHEATED!" She yelled, almost falling from my arms.

"That bloody liar," Potter mumbled.

"What did he tell you?" Hermione asked angrily.

"That you just left and didn't come back," Harry replied.

"No I caught him snogging some blond chick," she grumbled.

"So you want to stay here?" Harry asked.

"If it's okay with you," she said looking up at me.

"Yeah, yes you can stay," I said and smiled.

Harry looked like he had just seen Voldemort raise from the dead.

"Are you ok, Potter?"

"Yes? Yes! Yeah I'm fine," he replied. "Well I need to go give Ron a punch from you and get Ginny to hex him for me."

"Ok, bye," Hermione said waving.

Potter apparated and I walked to the couch and sat down with Hermione in my lap.

"How's your back?" I asked.

"The lower part hurts, like a lot," she replied. "What time is it?"

"Wow it's 8:00 already." I replied.

"I need to take my potion. I will be back in a minute."

Hermione's POV:

I tried to stand but fell instantly. Draco caught me but I still felt a sharp pain in my back causing me to cry in pain. That's when it hit me.

I can't move my legs!

I tried to move my legs but nothing happened. I didn't realise I started to hyperventilate until Draco ran into my room and came back with my potion. I pushed it away and instead summoned a paper bag.

Once I got my breathing together I tried again to move my legs but nothing happened. I started to cry. Draco looked at me with a terrified expression not knowing why I was crying.

"Draco... I can't move my legs!" I cried.