Chapter 12

Hermione's POV: (I went back in time a little)

I instantly felt cold when I was took away from Draco. I realized someone else was carrying me. Before I knew it I was placed on a bed.

I opened my eyes and tried to sit up but was pushed back down. I realized Theodore Nott was sitting by me. He was my healer.

"Can you fix my legs? Am I paralyzed? Where's Draco? Why does this always happen to me? Did I break my back? How do you break your back from a three foot drop?" I asked starting to panic.

I didn't realize I was hyperventilating again until he put a paper bag on my face.

"It's ok, I will help you the best I can. It's ok," he said gently.

He pointed his wand at my head and said an indication.

I soon felt darkness take over and I fell asleep.

~*~*~

I woke up to find I was alone in the room. I moved some pillows around me so I could sit up. I saw a clipboard on the table beside me. I snatched it and skimmed to the part that says my condition.

Paralyzed from the waist down, how peachy. Why does this always happen to me?

I looked up when I saw Theodore enter followed by Draco, Harry, and Ginny.

Ginny ran strait up to me and gave me a hug that reminds me of Molly's. I hugged her back and she took the chart from my hands.

"Hey I was reading that!" I yelled reaching for it. She moved further away and I tried to get up, forgetting I couldn't and started to fall.

Just like every time I fall a pair of strong arms wrapped around me but this time it wasn't Draco, it was Harry. He set me back on the bed and snatched the clipboard from Ginny. Instead of giving it to me he started to read it himself.

"They want you to stay overnight," he said. "I'm so sorry, Hermione. I didn't mean to do this to you."

"It's ok, it's my fault. I yelled and scared you, it's not your fault."

He gave me a hug and I hugged him back.

"Where are you going to go when you get out of here?" Harry asked.

"I don't know, I would go to my parent's but.. just never mind. I don't know." I replied trying to hold back my tears.

"You can stay at my place," Draco said kindly.

"I don't know I've already been too much a burden." I replied.

"Alright now your speaking nonsense!" Draco said with a Sirius expression. "You can come to my house."

I smiled and tried to give him a hug but he was too far away. He saw what I was trying to do and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Visiting hours are over in five minutes," Theodore said from the corner of the room. "One person is allowed to stay with her overnight."

I looked at Draco and he nodded.

"I'll stay," Draco said.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.

"What? Is there something on my face?" He asked.

I giggled and he smiled at me. Everyone just kept staring at us. Even Theodore looked surprised.

"You can smile?!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Well yeah," Draco said in a 'duh' kind of tone.

"Well we need to get out of here," Harry said.

Ginny nodded and gave me a hug. Harry set the clipboard down and apparated out.

Draco sat in a chair next to me and Theodore drew his wand. He came up to me and started muttering spells.

My head started to get fuzzy and I let my head fall on the pillow and closed my eyes. He started muttering faster and I felt a sharp pain in my lower back and I cried in pain.

"What are you doing to her?" Draco asked with a worried tone.

"Relax, she knocked a bone out of place so I have to move it back." He replied. "If she's going to walk again it needs to be moved."