Chapter 28

Draco's POV:

I pushed Hermione on the swing and listened to her sing. She was singing a weird American song called 'Homeward bound.' I listened to her sing for what felt like mere seconds but turned out to be an hour.

"Draco, we might want to leave soon, it's getting dark," Hermione said softly.

I stopped the swing and carefully helped her into her chair. I pushed her chair out of the park and started to walk around the neighborhood. To my surprise Hermione didn't say anything. I walked for a while but my legs started to get tired.

"Do you want to go somewhere to eat?" I asked slowing down.

When I got no response I moved around to look at Hermione. She had fallen asleep. I chuckled quietly as I picked her up from her chair and pocketed it.

I apparated back home and went to her bedroom. I carefully set her down and pulled the blanket to her shoulders. I started to move away from the bed just to realise she had a grip on my shirt.

I tried to get her to let go but I couldn't pry her fingers off. I smiled and slid under the covers next to her. She instantly wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my chest. I played with her hair because I wasn't the slightest bit tired.

After about half an hour Hermione started to cough. I felt wetness on my shirt and instantly summoned a potion. I moved her so I could see her face, it was covered in blood. I poured the potion in her mouth so she ceased coughing and relaxed.

I tried to move away so I could change my shirt and wipe off her face. She held tighter so I took off my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and she relaxed her hold.

I listened to her light snores for another hour until I finally drifted off to sleep.

Hermione's POV:

I felt the sunlight beat on my eyes from the window. I slightly opened them and saw that I was in my bed. I closed my eyes and shifted. I froze. I realized I was on someone. I lifted my head to see a shirtless Draco.

I laid my head on his chest and wrapped an arm around him. He shifted and kissed my head. I smiled and turned around. Draco sat up and pulled me into his lap. He kissed my cheek causing me to giggle.

"What do you want to do today?" Draco asked.

"I'm not sure. I was thinking I would maybe visit the Weasley's. I'm actually really surprised they haven't showed up," I said starting to think.

Draco nodded stiffly. I scooted off his lap and moved to the end of my bed.

"Accio summer clothes," I said and a pair of clothes came to my hands. I looked at Draco. "Well?" I asked.

"Well what?"

"Get out!" I yelled.

"Or I could just..." he was cut off when I summoned a bird and threw it at him. "Ow! why did you throw a bird?!" He asked.

"Because I'm a witch and I can," I replied. "Now get out!"

He laughed and left the room.

Draco's POV:

I was laughing when I left the room. She threw a bird at me. It was so random.

I suddenly heard a thud from Hermione's room. I ran up to the door and knocked.

"Hey Draco, can you give me a hand?" Hermione yelled.

I walked in the room to see Hermione on the floor by her chair. I rushed over and lifted her to it.

"Thank you. Now let's go to the Weasley's, shall we?" She asked.

I really didn't want to go but I knew I would have too eventually. I grabbed Hermione's arm and apparated.