Chapter 9: Shizuo is back~!

Gomen nasai, but this will be a short little chappy~........

Reader's POV

Shizuo should be back today... I started to get nervous, wondering what I would say. Of course I was still upset, but I didn't want to stay mad at him. He's always been there for me. Sure, there was that one time... But that doesn't matter. Anyway, we don't keep secrets from each other right? So, that means, I have to tell him what happened after he left. I fear that it will officially ruin our relationship. I want to just die thinking about it, but I think I really like Izaya. I kept thinking about what was about to go down as I stared out the window and saw Shizuo making his way to the door. My stomach sunk as I started panicking in my mind. He opened the door and I stared at him. I had no expression appear end on my face because I wanted to know how he'd react first. He gave me the same look and didn't say anything as he set his stuff down. I stood and walked up to him. It was the same awkward silence before I tackled him in a hug. "Your back." I said. "Yes I am. Still mad?" He asked. "A little." I replied before getting up and backing away from him. "But, you'll be the one who's mad after I say what I'm about to tell you." I warned. He gave me a questioning look, asking what I meant. "Now you've been so protective of me and I'm grateful for how much you've been there for me. I could never hate you, Shizuo Heiwajima. I love you. That being said, I still get to make my own decisions. Even, if you don't like them. I have a date with someone. I was the one who made it happen, so don't get mad at him..." I started, carefully watching his reactions. "Who is it?" He asked through slightly gritted teeth. "........hehe... Izaya...." I replied, nervous laughing like I always do. While I shut my eyes and waited for his outburst, I heard the door open. I opened my eyes and followed Shizuo out the door, confused. Shizuo walked into the nearest alley with clenched fists. "Shizuo." I said. He didn't answer. Instead, he started punching the brick wall, making broken chunks of brick fly everywhere. I flinched. Blood started dripping from his fists as I widened my eyes. "SHIZUO, STOP!!!" I yelled, pushing him. He looked at me with an expression that held a mix of emotions. Anger, hurt, and disappointment. "Shizuo... Calm down. It's not good to bleed this much. Let's get back inside." I told him, quietly. He didn't say anything still and followed against his will. After we were back inside and I cleaned and wrapped Shizuo's fists, he finally spoke. "Why, (Y/N)? Why him? You know how dangerous he is. You know how manipulative he is. He won't stop until he gets what he wants." Shizuo said, with a calm but very concerned voice. He knew how I felt about his anger being directed towards me, so he tried his best to be as calm as possible. I sighed before speaking, "Shizuo... I know that already. Lately, Izaya and I have been spending more and more time together. I know I should have told you, but I didn't trust that you wouldn't freak out and make a big deal about it. When you left, I kind of... Got a little... Drunk and he saved me from a group of Yellow Scarves. He didn't even take advantage of me or anything. The next day we hung out and had a good time. Remember what mom always told us? 'Change as many cold hearts as you can and make them the best they can be. Be the one to make a good difference in someone'. Well, I feel that I can change Izaya's horrible ways. But, I can't do that if you don't trust me with him. Please, Shizuo. Give it a chance." I pleaded, holding his hands. He hesitated and didn't say anything for a few minutes before sighing and looking me in the eyes. "I'll give it one chance. If he does anything, then you will not be going near him and I will kill him, okay?" He said, unhappily, rolling his eyes. "Thank you, Shizuo. And, it's not like I'll be spending every second with him. It's one date. There might not even be a second if something goes wrong. It's not like he's my official boyfriend." I smiled, hugging him. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don't wanna be hearing about it either." He said, smiling back at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Love you~!" I chimed. "Love you too."