Chapter 16: Just Let Me In...

Izaya's POV

I laughed as I made my way to (Y/N)'s apartment. Her reaction will be so entertaining~!... Shizu-chan is going to kill me... I'd like to see him try... again... I thought as I laughed even more. When I arrived, I planned out what I was going to say before I knocked and waited...

Reader's POV

I heard a knock at the door and slowly got off the couch to answer it. I took a deep breath as I opened the door and saw exactly who I had expected. "Izaya... Do you need something?" I asked quietly, letting him in. I walked back over to the couch and sat down. He sat down next to me and smiled. "(Y/N)-chan, have I ever told you how adorable your reactions are~? It just makes me so curious~! So curious that I can be cruel just to see one~..." He said with the evilest look behind his 'innocent' smile. It scared me to death. What he was saying... I don't want to know what he meant, but I do... "Izaya.... What are you talking about?" I asked, a little more fearful than I had wanted it to sound. "Oh (Y/N)-chan~, you don't have to be scared~..." He responded, slowly leaning forward. I leaned back as my heart raced. Once my back was on the couch and he hovered over me, he slowly brushed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and waited.... but nothing happened. When I opened my eyes again, he was staring me in the eyes with a devilish smirk. "You're so easily tricked... That can hurt you really bad you know..." He cooed. "Izaya... s-stop..." I whimpered. He just laughed. "Please tell me what's going on..." I begged, sitting up and holding onto him. "What if I told you it was a lie? I never really wanted to date you. It was all a game to see what reactions I could get out of you. I mean, you shouldn't be surprised... you should've known I love all humans equally. It's not that I'd choose someone like you." He said, simply. "S-someone...... like.... m-me..... Izaya.... are you serious?... all of it... a l-lie.... ALL OF IT!?!?... I can't believe you!.... I am stupid... to think you'd changed... to think I could make a difference in you... when really you're the same asshole that caused so much suffering in my life... I can't believe for one second that I liked you... and I know... that no matter what I say... it won't change the fact that I am that stupid and Shizuo will soon come home, saying 'I told you so'... but at least... I know the truth now...?.... what the hell am I going on about!? Izaya, why do you have to be like this!? Why can't you just let me in!?... whatever... just leave..." By this point, tears streamed down my face and Izaya just sat there with the same expression as always. Finally, he stood up. He started clapping. "What a unique reaction, (Y/N)-chan~! You never cease to amaze me~! Well, I should get going... Man, that was fun~! I hope to have some more fun with you soon~... Bye~!" He said before leaving the apartment. I just stayed still, staring at the floor. Why couldn't he just let me in....?

Izaya's POV

After I left (Y/N)'s apartment, I couldn't help but feel a little weird. I've never felt like this before. Not even with the whole Mikage thing back in High School. I shook off the feeling and kept walking. As I walked, I started to feel something on my face. I brought a hand to my face and stopped in my tracks when I realized they were tears. Why?... How?... I became frustrated and quickly wiped them away, speed walking back home.

Reader's POV

I jumped in terror as I heard the front door getting unlocked. Shizuo...

"(Y/N)?"

Gomen nasai for the short chapter + cliffhanger...😅