Chapter 17: I'll kill him...

Things are looking up, ma frands~!

Things are getting better~!

I'm also going to go see my dad in a few weeks which is GREAT WHOOP!!!

Shizuo's POV

As I walked home from collecting debts with Tom, I felt as though something was off. (#Twinstincts lololol..... I'll go home now...). With that, I picked up the pace slightly and headed for the apartment, hoping (Y/N) was okay and not hurt. Reaching the door to the apartment, I unlocked it with my keys and walked in to see (Y/N) with her face in her hands. She was sitting on the couch but jumped and quickly looked over when she heard me walk in. "(Y/N)?" I asked. "Oh uh, S-Shizuo! Welcome home!" She said nervously, wiping what I thought to be tears off her face. (Y/N), what's wrong!? What happened!?" I paniced, seeing her puffy eyes. She whimpered slightly, holding back some tears. "Don't g-get mad... please... I'll be f-fine..." She said quietly. "Just tell me what happened." I responded, calmly. "It was a game.... It was just a game to see what reactions he could get out of me... Izaya never liked me... he just... pretended to..." She whispered, hesitantly. Rage surged through me as it took everything in my willpower to stay calm in front of this broken girl that is my twin sister. I clenched my fists and took deep breaths. "I'll kill him..." I mumbled. "Shizuo, no... please... it's my fault..." She said as a few more tears went down her face. "It's not your fault, (Y/N)! I don't care what you say! He would've gotten his way no matter what... you couldn't have stopped him..." I assured her, pulling her into a hug. She held onto me tightly. Her breathing was shaky as she tried to take deep breaths. "I just wish I could've protected you... It's my job to keep you safe and I failed..." I whispered, clenching my fists. "Shizuo... don't say that... Everything you do means so much to me and I don't want you to think the opposite. I love you so much and thank you for everything. Don't think I don't appreciate you." She said, looking me in the eyes. "Thank you, (Y/N). I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled. She smiled back and sat back on the couch. "But I will kill him if I see him." I said, sitting next to her. She giggled and leaned her head on my shoulder. "What am I gonna do with you, Shizuo?" She wondered, aloud. I smiled, "You'll never get rid of me."

~Le Time Skip to the next day brought to you by: The Shizuo within me~

Derrin's POV

I sat on the couch, watching tv, when I heard a knock on the door. I went to the door, opening it to see (Y/N) with puffy eyes. "(Y/N), what's wrong? Have you been crying?" I asked, slightly panicked. She gave me a nervous, weak smile, walking past me and sitting on the couch. "I need you to not... I-I need you to not say that I was wrong..." She started, her voice trembling slightly. I thought for a moment, replying hesitantly. "... Is this about Izaya?" I questioned. She reluctantly nodded, looking up at me. I tensed, sitting down next to her. "Tell me everything..."

~Le Time Skip brought to you by: Lazy Author-chan who doesn't want to explain it all again~

Still Derrin's POV

I was fuming by the time (Y/N) finished explaining. I pinched the bridge of my nose, squeezing my eyes shut, trying to keep my composure. "I'm not gonna say you were wrong... It's not your fault... You didn't know..." I said, pulling her into a hug. "Thanks Derrin..." She smiled, leaning into my chest. I leaned back on the couch to make her as comfortable as possible. "I love you~" She hummed, closing her eyes. "I love you too~..." I replied, doing the same. If only she truly knew how much I loved her...

Sorry for the short chapter, but I at least needed to update for once in my life lol...