A Letter Never Sent

Dear Buck,

I just wanna thank you for everything. For helping me out in every alley and backing me up in every fight, for just sticking by me when you could've easily built an empire on your own. You helped me out in every way possible and I will forever be indebted to you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for you. Yeah, thats it. I'm thankful to have you by my side once again. I'm finally happy Buck. I don't wake up feeling empty and I don't cry when I play our old records anymore. Those years following your fall were the worst years of my life, each year grew worse because it was another year I had to spend without my best friend, and after I woke up...I just wished I hadn't. Now you're back and I will do everything I can not to relive those years again. Man, did you know that I couldn't even get drunk. I remember taking shot after shot trying so hard to numb the pain. Peggy also came in and told me that you must have thought I was worth it. But I don't think I was Buck. I should've saved you. I really should have saved you, but I couldn't and I'm sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what you must've went through Buck. I hope you know that I'm here for you no matter what, that wasn't you out there. You had no control and I promise that I'll find a way to save you. I'll find a way to get this out of your head even if it means I need to sacrifice my own. I couldn't save you the first time, but I can this time. And I will, because I'm with you til the end of the line.

From your best pal,

Steve