Fever

This one-shot was requested by NoRageNoQuit, hope you enjoy it!

~~Reader-chan POV~~~

'Edward went and got himself sick. I told him not to go out in that cold without taking precautions, but does he listen to me?' My thoughts continued as I was getting my boyfriend situated.

"I'm fine (y/n), honestly." He said hoarsely, sitting up. This only caused him to cough violently while clutching his head in pain.

"Sure, and I'm Fuhrer Bradley. Now lie down so I can take care of you properly." I coaxed him back down onto the bed, gently pressing his chest so he would lie down. Once he was relaxed under the blankets I left to go get an ice pack, more tissues, and a nice warm cup of chicken noodle soup.

To my surprise, Ed hadn't moved in the time I'd been gone; on the bright side this made it slightly easier to treat his sickness. I set the ice pack on his head and the tissues on the night stand. Then I sat down on the edge of the bed with Ed's soup in my hand.

"Say 'ah'." I dipped the spoon into the warm soup and brought it to Edward's lips, waiting for him to open his mouth.

"Oh come on (y/n), you don't have to feed me too." He mumbled, barely parting his lips to speak.

"Just do it, silly. Or I'll get Major Armstrong in here to do my job." I laughed at the last bit, still holding out the spoon for him.

After mumbling a soft 'fine' he opened his mouth and allowed me to feed him, but you could tell he wasn't happy with the current circumstances. "What's wrong Eddie-poo, are you grumpy?" I made my voice as babyish as possible, just to tick him off.

"(y/n)..." He groaned, "Why can't you just let me take care of myself?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend and I want to take care of you, so deal with it." I stuck my tongue out at him playfully, grinning and slightly giggling. He grumbled something else before letting me feed him the rest of the soup.

Once it was gone I stood up to go downstairs and read. "I'll be downstairs reading, call if you need anything." I was about to walk away when I felt an overheated hand touch my own.

"Can't you stay here?" He begged, tugging on my wrist.

"If that's what you want." I smiled, sitting back down on the edge of the bed. 

I was caught off guard by him suddenly jerking me towards him by my collar and connecting his lips with my own. After the initial shock I eased into the kiss, wrapping one arm around his neck and running my fingers through his beautifully long, golden hair. He pulled me impossibly closer, deepening the kiss slightly. Seconds later we both pulled away for air, gasping and panting.

"You jerk, now you're going to make me sick!" I laughed, giving him a peck on the lips as we continued to hug each other.

"That was the plan." He laughed too, and the next thing I knew we were both laughing our heads off at one another.

"You owe me for this." I whispered, probably tickling his ear with how close I was.

"Alright, what do you want then?" He smirked, thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

"Well firstly you have to hit on Roy for a day," I started

"OH COME ON, (Y/N)!!" Ed shouted, I just laughed.

"And secondly, you have to let me take care of you every time you're sick or injured from now on, alright?"

He grumbled a few things before answering, "I'll do it, but only because I owe you."

"Good job." I kissed him one more time before climbing off the bed and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Ed asked.

"Just grabbing a book, then I'll come back up and cuddle with you." I told him, slowly descending the stairs.

"Oh, okay." I could hear the smile in his words. I ended up smiling even more myself and picking out a book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good? Bad? Acceptable? Idk, but I hope you enjoyed this little piece of fluff I through together at 5am :3 Author over here needs to catch some Z's, but feel free to request whatever if there's anything you wanted me to write. Love ya'll!
*grabs Z-net* Off to catch Z's now, DoodleCat away!!