XXVII

Ruin

Ruin instantly looked back on his time with the Elites.

He went to Nevada with Inferno and Trial. Inferno died and Blaze fled to the Pacific Northwest with other prisoners who soon joined the Elites. He and Trial went to L.A.. Chaos tried to brainwashed him. Blaze came to rescue Trial and pulled him out as well. Blaze sent him back for the Elites safety. He convinced Chaos that he had been brainwashed and joined the Riders. Walker came into his compound and tried to save him. He, Leo, and Walker faked his death, and created the first Violet Elites. He became Ruin. Leo faked his death, and Octavian kidnapped Annabeth. Ruin found out that Leo, was their insider, Repair. Leo's inside source told them that Chaos was headed for Camp Jupiter.

That had to be it. Ruin pulled his jacket on and covered himself with crystals. He grabbed Annabeth's arm and dragged her a little harshly through the halls of the Black Pearl.

"Ruin... what did—"

"Come on!" He yelled.

He pulled her outside and undid her blindfold.

He opened his comms back up to Shave. "What's happening?"

"The main fight is over, and there's a standoff right now."

"A standoff?" Ruin asked as he ran towards the Big House.

"Yes. The hunters and the Elites have locked themselves inside the lighthouse. The Riders have taken the compound."

"What about the kids?"

"They made it out. Wave is with them. Blaze is still in Coda. Get to the big house. Now."

"I'm already on my way." Ruin panted as he reached the porch.

He bolted inside to the rec room where, Chiron, Piper, Grover, and Juniper were waiting.

Chiron looked surprised to see him.

"Where's Shave?" Ruin demanded.

"Who?" Piper asked.

Ruin pushed his way through the rec room and checked the door behind them. "The chief Violet."

Piper cocked her head. "Why do you need to know?"

"The Riders found Coda." Annabeth explained for him.

"What to you mean?" Chiron addressed him.

"I'm talking to Shave about it. He said to meet here."

Shave and Seeker entered the room. Seeker had a map in his hand.

"Show me." Ruin ordered.

Seeker rolled the paper out o to the pool table and brought out a pen.

Chiron moved over for Ruin to see. Seeker marked the paper.

"The Elites and Hunters made it to the lighthouse and fortified it." He drew exes around the compound. "The Riders have bunkered down here. And might have hostages. We're not sure yet."

"Shave?" Ruin snapped his fingers. "You said Wave was with the kids. How?"

Shave leaned over the table, along with Piper and Grover.

"All of the Hunters and the Elites woke up in random spots on the halls. They didn't remember how they got there. Blaze said the last thing she remembers was docking into the field, then she woke up in the cafeteria."

"They were asleep?" Ruin clarified.

"Yes. And they had no memories between eight and noon." Shave gave him a meaningful look.