Chapter 17 (Human Chest)

Finally made it back to New York, my ass ain't happy about being here either. I know I need to do what I came here to do. First on my list, a little trip to see Merlo. I'm not leaving unless I get some answers and some truth. You just don't give up huh? Nope but im not here for that. Well why you here? I have a question and you the only person that can answer that question for me. What's that? How did Keenan get out of jail? What you mean? As much evidence police had on him, it ain't no way in hell he could have got out that easy. I need to know how he get out after being in here for a year. What im getting out of helping you? I can promise you, your kids will be taken care of. I'm not worried about that, Merlo said. What you want? Nothing really. It gotta be something you want. Some pussy would be nice but you can't give me that now can you? What else you want? It is something you might can do for me. Name it. I haven't heard from my kids' mother in a few days and she haven't came to visit me either. What you want me to do? Go check on her if you could. Just me the address and ill make it happen. 3249 Melrose DR, apartment 3B. Just see if my kids ok and tell them daddy loves them. I can do that but you have to give me something for now. All I can tell you right now is, Keenan had a few people working for him. Go check on my kids and ill give you the details. Ok, I got you. I knew Keenan had somebody working for him, I just need to know who. I left the jail and headed straight to Merlo's girlfriend house.

When I made it there, the door was wide open. Can I help you? I'm not really sure, I said while looking around. I was looking for a lady with 2 kids that lived here. You must be talking about Pebbles? I think that's her. She had a boyfriend name Merlo? Yeah, that's her. She moved out a few days ago. You know where she went? No, I just saw her and the kids leaving. Damn, im sorry. Merlo asked me to come here and check on the kids for him. I'm not sure why she left but I think she came up on some money. Why you say that? A few weeks ago, I threatened to put them out. I didn't want to because of the kids but she wasn't paying rent. She said Merlo got a gig or something. I know what kind of person he is so I didn't wanna be involved with nothing they had going on. A few days ago, I saw her with a bunch of bags and stuff. What kind of bags? Shopping bags, look like she went on a shopping spree. Did she pay her rent? No, she just up and left. I just came in to get ready to clean the apartment out. You mind if I look around? Go ahead. I was looking around and saw beautiful pictures of Merlo's kids. From the looks of it, she took the money Keisha paid Merlo with and left. I saw a letter to Merlo on the floor near an ash tray. I'm guessing it's from her, she just never mailed it. "Merlo, I really hate you're not here to be a father to your kids. They miss you like crazy. Every day they asking when you coming back. It's killing me knowing you not coming back no time soon. It's getting harder and harder looking at them knowing they father not coming back. I don't know what to say to them no more Merlo. You just left us to help your dumb ass pathetic ass brother. I been telling you for years Keenan gon get you in trouble where he not gon help you. Now look at you. You in jail because of him and his ghetto ass wife. You say you did it for the kids. It's fucked up you will protect your brother before you protect your own kids. I'm taking the kids, this money, and im getting the fuck out of New York. Nothing good is going come from you making this deal. Watch what I tell you". Damn! What? She took the kids and left. I figured that's what she did. Merlo is going to be pissed. You mind if I tell anything? Most of this is junk but help yourself. I just want the pictures of the kids; Merlo would like to have these instead of them being thrown away.

I don't know who im going to tell Merlo his girlfriend took the kids and left. I don't wanna lie him and he don't help me. I know by the time I make it back to the jail, visiting hours will be over. Guess ill just have to wait until tomorrow to tell him. That gives me the rest of the day to figure out how im going to tell him. Now that I got this step done, I need to pay Q a little visit. I need as much information on Keisha as possible. Hopefully Q can give me something I can work with. It was still early so DJ's wasn't open yet. I'm hoping Q is here and alone. I know a little pussy will get him to talk. When I pulled up in the parking lot, I saw Q unlocking the doors. Hey you! Hey, I haven't heard from you in a minute. Yeah, I just go back not too long ago. Where you been? Jamaica. I heard it was beautiful out there, Q said. It really it. What you doing back here? I came back to take care of a few things, that's why im here right now. Come in, the place doesn't open up for another 2 hours. I kind of need a favor. What's up? I needed some information about your sister. What kind of information? Well, I did some digging and everything she told me was pretty much a lie. What you mean? Before meeting your sister, I met with Keenan's brother. He told me he was behind everything that happened to me and nobody helped him. Your sister said she was behind everything to get rid of Keenan. I met with Keenan's brother again and he told me your sister paid him $10 million dollars to do all of that stuff to me. Wait, what? She paid him, she didn't do any of that stuff herself. His brother actually confirmed that she was after me. Why would she pay his brother to torture you? She didn't want it being traced back to her and his brother did it to take care of his kids. He didn't know Keenan being killed was a part of the whole thing. He did it to secure his kids' future. Now his spending the rest of his life in jail because of your sister. So what it is you wanna know from me? I just wanna know what she's really up to and what was the point of her lying. I wish I could help answer that but I can't. You see im just now finding out Jayden was my niece's father. She lied to me the whole time about who her father was. I hate Q can't really give me the answers I need. I guess ill have to get them some other way. I know for a fact Darrian would give me some answers. Seeing how he been blowing me up, I know he'll help me. I left DJ's and headed right to Climax. I'm not taking no time getting some answers. The fast I get my answers, the fast I can end all of this. Hi, can I help you? As many times ive been here, ive never seen this woman before. I'm looking for Darrian. He's busy at the moment, im his new business partner Re'lisha. It is something I can help you with? Not really, I just needed to see Darrian. I'm not sure when exactly will he be available but im sure I can assist you. No thank you, ill just try him another time. As I was walking to the door, I heard Darrian call me. Crystal? Hey! How are you? I'm ok and you? I'm good, shocked to see you here. I see you've met my new business partner. Yes, I needed to talk to you about... business. Something is up with his new business partner. The whole time I was talking to Darrian, she kept looking up at me. She seems like more than a business partner. We can go in my office and talk. Before y'all talk, Darrian I need to speak with you for a quick second. Can this wait? It's about the party from last night, the numbers don't seem right. Crystal you can wait for me in my office, ill be there in a second. Ok, I said while rubbing Darrian's arm. I knew both of them would be starring as I walked off. I was wearing the skirt Darrian love to see me in. I know for a fact; I can get some answers from him wearing this.