Chapter 14 (Drama Free Or Nah)

I woke up feeling good, I haven't woke up like that in a while. Finally knowing the truth and finally being done with everything, feels good. For once in my life, im drama free. I don't have to look over my shoulder every few minutes wondering who gon backstab me. Keisha's reasons of wanting Keenan and her sister dead makes perfect sense to me. Her getting Jayden killed still not cool. Overall, I feel good knowing this is finally over shit. Seeing how im in a good mood, I decided to do a little shopping. While I was walking around in the mall, Brit called. Hey girl! Hey, what's up? Just calling seeing what you up to. Just doing a little shopping, where Jayson? At the movies with Meghan and her parents. He had his first date and didn't tell me? You hardly check on him so it was impossible for you to know. I just be tied up in this Keenan shit. I have to fill you in on what's been going on. What? Damn near everybody I dealt with in the past is related to Keenan. Darrian is his big brother. WHAT! Yeah but he don't claim him. This guy I went out with a few times name Maxx is Keenan's uncle. Here is the part that's about to have you tripping. Keenan's wife is Q's sister. OMG! Are you serious? Very serious Brit. How you find out? I asked Darrian if he knew somebody name Q and that's when he told me. I went straight to Q to get some answers. He told me everything. Why didn't he tell you before? He knew all the hell Keenan put me through and he didn't want me to think he had anything to do with it. He called me last night asking me to come to DJ's. Why? He wanted me to meet his sister. Wait, he wanted you to meet Keenan's wife? Girl I thought the same thing. What happened? He was telling me he wanted me to hear it out of her mouth that she not after me. You won't believe who walked in. Who? Jayden's babymama. KEISHA? Yes girl, I was just as shocked as you. To make a long story short, she used me to get back at Keenan. What you mean? Keenan cheated with her sister years ago. She pretended to be cool with Keenan so that she could use me to get back at him. How tho? Everything Keenan did to me, she was a part of it. She wanted to torture me so that I could snap and kill Keenan. Wait, that mean she had Jayden killed. Killing Jayden was actually Keenan's idea, she just went along with it. They knew if me and Jayden would have gotten married, I would have full control over everything. That was something that they weren't willing to risk. So how she knew you was going to kill Keenan? She knew eventually I would snap if they kept torturing me. Sooo she knows you killed Keenan? She thinks it was me. What good does it do if her sister is still around? Not necessarily, I said. What that mean? Her sister was actually Keenan's girlfriend when me and him was messing around. What? I knew of her when we were messing around. When all that shit started happening to me, I thought it was her. I made a few calls and she was killed in a drive by. Damn, you real cold. Here is what's not making sense to me, Brit said. Didn't Merlo say he was the one that did all that stuff? Yeah, what's your point? Think about it Crystal, if his wife was behind all of that how could Merlo do all of that by his self? Didn't he say Keenan told him to use one of her cars so that it wouldn't be traced back to him? He shol did, I said. I don't think Keisha was behind all of that. Yeah she could have been behind some of it but why would Merlo take the fall for all of it by his self? Damn, Brit do have a point. I remember Keenan saying he wanted me to think it was Jackie that did all of that. Not once did he mention Keisha and she said it was all her. She wanted me to think it was Keenan so that I would kill him. Yeah, some shit ain't making sense right now.

As soon as I think im drama free, so more shit pop up. I don't know why the fuck I believed Keisha ass in the first place. I really thought she was telling the truth. Now im back trying to figure out what the fuck going on. I need to get to the bottom of this shit and im about to do it now. I left the mall and headed to see Merlo. Hopefully I can bribe him into giving me some real information. What you doing here, Merlo asked? I needed to talk to you. About? When you did all those favors for Keenan, it was just you by yourself right? What you mean? You weren't working with nobody; it was just you? Yeah, why? I met with Keenan's wife. What? Yeah, I met with her and she told me she was behind everything. I wanted to know who telling the truth. Merlo didn't say nothing, he just looked down. Merlo, you already doing life in here because of all the favors you did for Keenan. You telling me the truth won't make a difference. To you it wouldn't make a difference, Merlo said. Think about it, you spending the rest of your life in here. If you were to snitch on whoever, what's going to happen to you? I know Keenan called all the shots and he put fear in whoever heart that worked for him but Keenan is dead now. Nothing is going to happen to you if you told the truth. You not getting out no time soon so you might as well clear your name and get all of this off you. Alright, ill tell you what you wanna know. A while back I got a phone call from Keisha, she wanted a favor. What kind of favor? Merlo hesitated to answer the question. She wired 10 million dollars to my account to take the blame for all of this. That's why her getting custody of her daughter was so important to her. She used her daughter's savings and some of Jayden's money to pay me off. So you spending the rest of your life in jail because you're taking the blame for somebody else? Look, I used that money to take care of my family. Your mother right? She don't accept no kind of help from me or Keenan, she never did. I have 2 kids, a girl and a boy. I needed to make sure their future was secured with or without me. How secure you think their future is without a father? Merlo you seem like a good guy and a great father. It's not fair to your kids that you're choosing to not be a part of their lives because of what somebody else did. Look, I did what I needed to do. Look how long it's been since you saw them. You missing out on a lot and you don't have to. It ain't nothing else I can do, Merlo said. What if I can help you? What you mean? I may can help you, that's if you willing to work with me. I'm listening, Merlo said. I may can get you out that's if you willing to turn Keisha in. Naw, I can't do that. If I turn her in, Keenan whole squad gon be after me. No they not, I said. That's his wife, his whole squad gon protect her. The second they find out she in jail, that's my ass. That won't know it was you. That's what you think. Merlo do you realize; you'll never see your kids again? You'll only be able to talk to them over the phone, through a glass, and see pictures of them. Do you want your daughter growing up without a father or your son growing up not knowing how to be a man? The last thing you wanna do is have your son in here with you one day or knowing your daughter is being mistreated by a man like Keenan. They both deserve to have you in their lives. You being true to Keenan or Keisha is more important than being a father to your kids? Visiting time is over, the guard yelled. Thanks for trying but I can't do it. Well I tried, I said.