{twenty-eight}

Liam couldn't stop blaming himself. He shouldn't have encouraged Niall to be with Harry. If he would've tried harder, he could've stopped Niall from seeing Harry and none of this ever would've happened.

The sun was rising and Liam was still searching. He was driving around with all of the windows down in his car, screaming Niall's name down every street. He searched everywhere Niall liked to go. The park, his house, the cafe (again), Harry's flat, the bus bench, and even Maura's. He was gone.

Liam was sick to his stomach with worry. He'd tried calling Niall's phone ten thousand times it seemed. Sending him countless texts and leaving voicemail after voicemail.

He called into work, taking his first sick day ever since he'd gotten the job nearly 4 years ago. He couldn't go to work knowing that Niall wasn't safe. He couldn't do anything knowing that he wasn't safe. Liam was going out of his mind.

He had stopped at home to run in and grab a change of clothes when a text lit up on his phone which was in the seat next to him. He picked it up immediately and read it.

Hi - Ni x

That was it. As if it were the most normalist of days, that was all Niall said. It was a very Niall-esque thing to do.

Where are you?!?

Liam waited for a reply, his hand shaking nervously as he shoved his keys back into the ignition of the car. He was prepared to go anywhere for Niall.

Ireland. - Ni xxxx

♕♕♕♕♕

Harry woke up on the bathroom floor reeking of vomit and sweat.

Last night had been a blur. They had searched for Niall everywhere it seemed when Louis and Zayn decided that they should go home and get some sleep. Harry of course didn't want to but he obliged anyways, knowing that Liam would keep searching.

He spent the rest of the night throwing up. Louis banished him to the bathroom, claiming that if he threw up on the carpet he'd spend every last penny they owned replacing it.

Even though Harry felt like shit and really just wanted to spend the rest of the day on the cool bathroom floor, he knew that this was all his fault. He had to go find Niall. His princess was out there all alone because of him. How could he just abandon him?

Harry wasn't the type of person to plan extravagant plans to fix his problems. Instead, he preferred to feel bad for himself and lay around in pity. But that wasn't an option anymore. No one else was going to solve this for him.

He wiped his mouth and then wiped the excess on his uniform pants. He got up from the floor slowly, ignoring the immediate vertigo as he walked towards the kitchen for the car keys and his phone.

Don't look for me. - Niall

Harry felt his heart sink. Niall had never texted him anything so cold. Everything about that sentence was painful for him to read.

Niall please, I need you. Come home. - Haz x

Niall never responded, making Harry realize that this was real. The love of his life, his innocent kitten, his sweet princess was really gone.

Harry called Liam, waiting while he listened to the intone on the other line.

"What." Liam answered roughly. Harry sighed, running a hand through his messy hair.

"Have you found him?"

"If I had found him, don't you think I would've at least texted you." Liam said, his voice annoyed. Harry could tell that he hadn't slept.