Chapter Seventeen: The Dying Succubus and The Coven of Her Own

"And I'll open my eyes again."

Chapter Seventeen: The Dying Succubus and The Coven Of Her Own

Not much later, i was carried onto another plane by Cyrus. I had to appreciate my very rich vampires for all the last minute plane trips, thank god they owned the plane. I asked Angana to say and help Leonardo adjust, so Meredith and Priscilla joined us for this trip in case something went wrong. We weren't forgetting about the crazy witch out to end the world, but we had more pressing matters.

I took a small monitored nap on the plane to try and gain some energy. Many, many hour later we landed at a small airport in Romania. As Cyrus carried me out of the plane, i was hit by the cold air but i could also feel something else. Romania was the home of the largest clan of succubi and incubi, known as Viaţă, which translates to life.  It was if i could feel them all the way from their airport. I remembered this feeling from the first time i can here and they told me succubi can sense their own. It gave me a little more of my strength back as succubi gain energy from their kind as well.

I gave the vampires the location of the clan's castle located up toward the mountains. It took us another couple of hours but as we neared them i felt a small amount of energy returning to me. Cyrus looked at me as i could finally sit up on my own.

"How are you feeling?" Cyrus asked.

I gave him a small smile. "I'm finally feeling a bit better. I was taught that being around near other Succubi gives you strength, but i never really believed it until now." 

Cyrus mimicked my smile and rubbed my arm trying to comfort me. A little while later we pulled up. It took us another hour to reach the front of the castle. Cyrus helped me out of the car as the two vampires went around the car to talk to our driver, another vampire, but it was a woman and her name was Irene.

"Fred said he was bringing Danny to the potluck." Priscilla told Irene.

"He better bring those cupcakes they were amazing." Irene said as she let out a groan of pleasure at the memory of those cupcakes.

"Are you bringing Kimberly and Russel? I do enjoy their company." Meredith asked.

Irene nodded. "You know i never go anywhere without those two, they wouldn't let me anyway. They spoil me to bits, but they can get a bit smothering."

"Darling, you know you enjoy them. I mean they are both easy on the eyes love, and they're bloody rich." Priscilla commented.

Meredith rolled her eyes at her slightly superficial wife. "They are also extremely caring and loyal. They also really love you."

Irene smiles. "and i love them."

I stopped ease dropping on their conversation, mostly because it was none of my business, and i walked up to the front door of the castle with Cyrus at my side. Cyrus went to knock, but i just opened the door. They always kept it unlocked.

"Why is their door unlocked?" Cyrus asked.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Who would be stupid enough to break into the home of a large clan of succubi?"

Cyrus rolled his eyes and we continued in. The castle was decorated in it's usual gothic and medieval decor that they all loved. I thought it was cute, but definitely not for me.  Off in the distance you could hear the sound of beating drums, so i decided that was where we needed to go. We kept walking deeper into the castle until we reached two big wooden doors and we pushed them open.

The sight that greeted our eyes did not surprise me so much as it did Cyrus who's eyes looked as if they were about to come out of his head. In a perfect circle around the room were people wearing dark red velvet cloaks with big hoods so you couldn't see their faces so clearly. The room was being light by a gigantic amount of candles. On opposite sides of the rooms were two shirtless men playing the timpani in rhythm. Located directly in the middle was a young woman dressed in a very sheer white dress. She was blind folded and a person wearing the only black cloak was pouring candle wax on her.