Chapter Eighteen: The Pregnant Succubus and The Ritual of Life

"I'm not losing it, I still got my plans"

Chapter Eighteen: The Pregnant Succubus and The Ritual of Life

I couldn't pinpoint which exact emotion i was feeling, i was going through a range of them. Fear, anger, sadness, but above all shock. I was handed way too much information from the clan, but all i could focus on was the small amount of energy i could feel coming from me. I lowered my hand to touch the skin above my unborn child and felt a comforting warmth under my hand. 

I looked up at Estelle with a new fierceness in my eyes. "How do i protect my baby?"

"We contacted another witch, far more powerful than the first witch who placed the curse on you and your mother, but by the time we figured out what to do, it was too late. The witch could only save one of you and your mother chose you." Estelle explained.

I frowned at her. "That doesn't explain to me how i protect my child Estelle." 

"It isn't too late for you. You've come to us now and we can save you. The witch who helped us gave us a ritual to perform. We must burn the sacred flower of the succubi, chant the words of the ritual, then let our energies flow into you and your unborn child." Estelle explained and she passed the book she was holding to me.

I scanned the pages about the ritual and then look back up at her. "So when do we do this?"

"We must wait until the new moon is at it's apex, we researched that and we can perform the ritual tonight." She said slipping the book out of my arms and into someone else's hands.

I nodded. "I need to go see Cyrus now."

Estelle nodded back. "You should prepare your mate and yourself for what is to come. Tonight will be eventful to say the least."

I turned around and headed back into our bedroom. Cyrus was sitting up letting out a yawn, i could only assume he just woke up.  Cyrus looked over at me with a lazy smile on his face which cause me to smile at him. My mate was cute. 

"I woke up and you weren't here. Did you go talk to the blonde lady?" Cyrus asked as he stretched him nicely toned arms.

"I did and we need to talk." I said sitting down on the bed.

Cyrus moved over and pulled me into his arms. "what did she say?"

"A lot actually. Estelle told me about my mom and how my human mother wasn't my real mother, my real mother was the leader of this succubus clan before her." I said leaning into him.

"Did she figure out a way to make you properly feed again?" Cyrus asked.

I nodded. "Apparently my mother had the same problem, so they found a witch and the witch gave them a ritual to do."

"Well did it work on your mother?" He asked curiously.

I shook my head. "By the time they figured it all out, it was too late."

"Well it's not too late for you. They can do the ritual and then we can go back to the pack house and finally have a peaceful life together, just the two of us." Cyrus said.

I tensed up at his words. It wouldn't just be the two of us anymore and i didn't know how to respond. We would be having a baby together and i wasn't sure if we, if I, was ready for that. I shot up from the bed as a tear fell down my face.