Fearing the Past

Lucy's POV

Wendy healed Natsu's wounds so he got out of the infirmary faster, that was a couple weeks ago. Once he was out, master wanted to know if I had any knowledge of who was behind the vicious attack. Sadly, I still have no idea who actually caused all of this, I get little visions of what I did when I fall asleep. Natsu has been trying to get closer to me, but I can't believe I did that. My son out of everyone in this world, him? The two people I love most in this world I almost killed.

We have a council in the dragon realm, so when we are in Magnolia, they take care of things. We have right hand, who deals with our affairs in our absents. So far they have only been filling in for a day. I needed a day to myself, all of this is getting to be too much. Between me being a mother, wife, mage, and a queen the stress of a mother and a queen is already too much.

I went to Magnolia's finest library this morning, I just couldn't be home at the moment. I didn't bother waking Natsu up to tell him where I was going, I don't want him to follow me. I kissed my baby before I left, in a way I am afraid I might hurt him again. I summoned Loke and Aries to help me with a powder that will hide my scent, just in case he tries to find me.

The book I am reading isn't helping. The mother abandoned her young because she went crazy, leaving them completely helpless. I couldn't help but think about how I could have hurt Natsu or Phoenix. Every night I have had dreams of memories of what happened. Although everyone's description was shortly off from the visions, I still did it.

I put the book down and cuddle into the fairly large chair. Am I a bad person? I can't really decide at the moment. I sigh, a part of me wants to push them away, keep me from hurting them again. But I can't keep doing that. All these thoughts ran through my head, as well as the visions of what I did.

While I was lost in my mind, a man drops his books in front of me. I rush to help him. "I am so sorry." He says repeatedly, gathering his books.

"Here let me help you." I suggest. I get down and help him pick up the books. I see all the books he reads, he has interesting taste in books. "I like your choices in books." I say, handing him the last book.

"Thank you." He says, his voice is strong and masculine. He has dark purple hair, styles it with shaved sides with the top hair short with gel pushing it up and to the side. He is rather tall, maybe a little bit taller than Natsu. He has a sharp jaw line and a nicely trimmed beard. His dark purple eyes would make any single girl melt. He is quite attractive, but not my type.

"I like to read. My twin sister and younger sister think I am crazy for reading. They think the only thing in life is about eating and destroying things." He casually laughs, scratching the back of his head.

"I totally understand, it sounds like a very important person in my life." I think of Natsu and weakly smile while I grab my arm.

"Oh I am Victorino, but you may call me Victor if that pleases you." He says. He set the books to the side, then extends his arm to shake my hand.

I smile, "Hi, I'm Lucy." I extend my hand to grip his fairly large hands.

His face drops. "The Lucy?" He says slightly enthusiastic. I look at him confused. "The Lucy Dragneel. Wife of Natsu Dragneel, mother of Phoenix Dragneel. Queen in the Dragon Realm. Mage of Fairy tail. That Lucy?"

I am slightly confused on how he knows all of this information, but people talk, so I guess I shouldn't be. Fairy Tail Mage I get, I was in their magazine at one point and The Grand Magic Games. "Yeah," I hesitantly agree. "How do you know all of this information?" I ask, slightly asking, slightly demanding.