Reuniting Past Lovers (Part 2)

Cana's POV

I watched as Fury roared then looked at me. His eyes were unreadable but they weren't his eyes, he was a beast. His body tensed up and collapsed to the floor. I stood there amazed, he was alive, I didn't know how.

I glanced up, Gajeel was over his body. His iron fist was clearly visible, he was heavily breathing and sweating. Had he run to get here. I remember that Fury was a dragon and Gajeel was a dragon slayer, did he kill him?

"Are you okay?" He asked me, panting.

I didn't know how I felt; my dead boyfriend, the man I loved, was alive all this time. There was a body and a funeral, it didn't make sense to me. All the emotions I had bottled up inside, keeping them from surfacing,  came flooding back into my body: the pain of his death, the heartbreak, the loneliness. My heart felt numb, I couldn't feel it in my chest as I gazed on his unconscious body. 

"I-I don't know how I feel right now." I collapsed to the floor, just starring at him, not even bothering to look around for more savages. 

A part of me wanted to go to him, hug him. I wanted to believe that this was the man I believed died, but he wasn't. We buried his body seven months ago. His body was long in the ground rotting away. This man was an impostor.

I wondered how Gajeel knew to come to this location. He was stationed several miles in the opposite direction that Mira and I went. "How did you know to come here?" I questioned.

"Levy detected a powerful magic being. She said a dragon was closing in on you two fast and that I need to get to you as fast as I could. I was expecting a bis ass dragon, not him." He poked him with his iron fist. 

This wasn't him. He was dead. I went to protest.

Gajeel held up a finger to silence me. "I know what you are thinking, but before you get that out, listen to me. This man, that you think is an impostor, actually isn't. No magic on this face of the universe can duplicate someones scent, not matter if they wear their clothes or not. I know Fury's scent. This is him."

I suddenly remembered Fury hit Mira over the head. I spotted her body and frantically crawled to her, I hopped he didn't kill her. I moved the hair from her neck and checked her pulse. I sighed in relief, he didn't hit her hard enough to kill her. She might wake up with a massive headache, but thank Mavis.

"What happened to her?" Gajeel asked.

"She needs medical attention." I answered. I was skeptical  on saying the second part, but I do it anyway. "H-he hit her over the head." -I whip around - "I need you to help me get them both back to the guild."

Gajeel was taken back by my request, he shouldn't have been. "You expect me to help this son of a bitch when you just told me he nearly killed Mira. He has been 'dead' fro a little over half a year. You don't know what they did to him and you want me to bring him back to our guild. Are you stupid?" He turned very hostile towards Fury very quickly.

"He is still part of our guild!" I yelled at him. "Take him back Gajeel, or I swear on our first guild master, I will trap your ass in one of my cards forever. You could have killed him you over pierced asshole."

I shot my head in Fury's direction, Gajeel could have killed him again. I watched his chest rise and fall, I couldn't help how overly relieved I became.

Gajeel huffed in irritation, he gave up. He proceeded to whistle into the thick trees. After a minute three Exceeds came from over the trees: Happy, Charle, and Lily.

"I need you three to get those three back to the guild." Gajeel told Lily.

Lily and Charle starred at Fury in disbelief at first, Lily went as far as to rub his eyes. Happy, on the other hand, showed no signs of being surprised at his expression. It was like he expected to see him. I studied that odd behavior and noted it.