What is in the Dark Comes Into the Light

Cana's POV

Once Mira left the infirmary, I had Levy help me rotate him back on his back. He has been asleep for a few hours and I have been at his bedside since he came in. He laid still for days, the only thing that moved was his chest. Although, I wanted him to wake up, I was relieved he was breathing.

Mira had been trying to locate the dragon with the ashes of the scale; yet no matter how hard she tried, we were met at a dead end. While the war on Fairy Tail and the Kingdom continued, I remained frustrated inside the guild, hoping to find the damn dragon who did this. The guild members have come into the infirmary multiple times, mostly in awe because Fury was alive. No one asked questions, at least not directly to me, I didn't want to be bothered by anyone unless they had information about the dark universal dragon.

The heavy wooden door of the infirmary creaked as it was pushed open. Mira came from behind the door, "Cana. We found something in the ashes."

My gaze shifted from Fury to Mira in an instance. "What is it?" I said overly enthusiastic.

"Levy was able to detect that the dragon is still somewhere on the planet, however we don't have enough magic power to actually pinpoint the location of it." She said.

I signed, even with all of the remain mages coming together to find this asshole, we still couldn't figure out the location of a big ass dragon. Levy came into the room shortly after, racing over to us. "Lucy just reported to, her battle with Vicky is over and she is no longer with us. She said she is back at the castle cleaning up and she will be heading over here."

"Do you think she has any information about this dark dragon." I asked.

"We could ask when she gets here because the telepathic connection wasn't working too well." Levy said. I hummed in response shifting my gaze from the women to Fury. What if he didn't wake up, what would I do then? "How is he doing?" she asked.

"He is pulling through." I placed my hand over his hand, deeply breathing in. It was hard seeing him in this state, but I knew he would pull through. Even when he died, there was a part of me that knew he was still alive; somewhere. "Has anyone made contact with Nighteye?"

Levy shook her head. "Nothing. He went off the radar when he left with Natsu and Lucy for their castle. I can't track him on my radar, but do you want me to try to locate him?"

"I don't know. If he finds out Fury is alive, he might get angry with Natsu for not telling him about Fury." I shivered slightly.

Levy came to me, placing her hand on my arm comforted me. She looked me in the eyes, "He is going to wake up Cana. He is a fighter and we all know this. Just take into consideration how badly scarred his body is." Along his torso was lacerations marks, possibly from a whip, as well as multiple stab wounds. I couldn't help but wonder how much he endured since he was in their captivity.

Romeo raced into the infirmary, breathing heavily he said. "Mira! Levy! You might want to come and see this."

Mira quickly followed Romeo, but Levy gave me a reassuring smile before following them out of the infirmary. I was left alone with Fury again. I took a seat in the chair that was closest to his bed, leaning into his bed, I pushed back some of his green hair with my fingers. All of the memories we shared came lingering into my mind. Then I thought about all he had missed, with the guild and his brother. I rejoiced that he was back, but if would have opened his eyes, it would have been better.

"You know." I said, observing his face. "While you have been gone, your brother finally found someone, being as up tight as he is. He hasn't changed much since the last time you have seen him. He misses you and when you first left, it showed for a while, he wasn't himself for weeks. He was always working. I don't think he knew what to do with you being gone. I don't think I knew what to do when you were gone." I remembered the talk Lucy and I had on the bench the day before his funeral.