Mating (Fraxus)

Freed's pov

A few days ago, the guild found out something shocking. The dragon slayers have a mating season. During this period of time, the dragon slayers need to choose someone to mate with. Once they've mated, they are no longer in heat. Today was the third day of the dragon slayer season.

Natsu has already mated with Grey and Gajeel was obviously looking at Levy. Wendy was too young, so she hasn't been in heat, and Laxus.... It was hard to tell. Sometimes he had this look in his eyes. The same one Gajeel had whenever he saw Levy. I had a strong suspicion that Laxus was in heat and just didn't want to admit it.

He has always been stubborn. Some people have been pinning after him. It would be pretty amazing to have the grandson of Master Makarov as your eternal mate. I sighed mentally. I won't lie. I love Laxus. I would love to be his mate, but I doubt he'll choose me. Not when he can have Mira.

I knew for a fact that Mirajane liked him. I don't know about love, but she definitely liked him. I yawned. It was getting kinda late.

"I'm going to head out." I told Bixslow and Evergreen.

"Okay! See you later Freed!" Ever said. I gave them a small wave and left the guild hall. I wonder how Laxus is holding up... I hope he'll be okay. He needs to find a mate soon. I wonder what's taking him so long to claim Mira or another girl...

I was so lost in thought, that I didn't even notice that I took a wrong turn into an alleyway. When I realized where I was, I frowned. I turned around and was about to head home the proper way, when someone grabbed me.

My eyes widened and I immediately tried to fight back. I elbowed my attacker in the stomach and managed to roll away. I swiftly stood up. I reached for my sword, only to realize that I didn't have it on me. My eyes widened. I must've left it at the guild hall.

"Hehe... A defenseless boy. That's good. I need someone to fuck." The man said. I stared in horror at him. The man charged at me and I punched him in the face. He staggered back a bit.

"So you're not so defenseless. You pack a good punch pretty boy." He said. I narrowed my eyes at him. This time, he didn't come charging at me. He pulled out a small stick and pointed it at me.

"Unfortunately for you, I can do magic." He said. I noticed the tip of his wand start to glow. I quickly jumped out of the way, but the blast knock me off my feet.

"Argh!" The man placed a foot on my back and held me down. I struggled against him and manged to kick him in the crotch. He howled in pain and got out from under him. I felt so weak. I scrabbled to grab his stick and I managed to get it. I pointed it at him, breathing heavily.

The man had weight a ton, so when he jumped on me, it knock my breath away.

"Don't... Don't come any... closer." I panted. The man stood up and smirked.

"You can't do any damage! You don't even know how to use it!" The man sneered. He took a step forward. I was about to write the rune that I needed, but something happened.

Boom!

I stared in shock. About an inch away form the man, lightning had struck. The man's eyes bulged out of his head. I heard a snarl, and saw Laxus standing a few feet away and he looked pissed. The man scrambled to his feet.

"What do you think you're doing." Laxus basically growled. The poor man was shaking in his shoes. He let out a very high pitched scream and ran away. Laxus scowled after him, before turning his attention to me.

"Are you okay Freed? He didn't touch you did he? I swear if he did I'll -" I cut him off.

"It's fine Laxus. I was about to put a rune on him anyways. And no, he did not touch me. At least not sexually." I said.

"My Freed. So strong and powerful." He said. I stared at him.

"Wh-What?!" I said. My eyes were the size of plates. Laxus suddenly grabbed me and picked me up bridal style.

"L-Laxus! Wha... What are you doing?!" I practically shrieked. He put his head in my hair.

"You smell nice...." He murmered. My face turned bright red. I tried to get out of his arms, but that only made him tighten his grip on me.

"L-Laxus! Put m-me down!" I said, my face still red. I felt Laxus shake his head.

"No." He said bluntly. He started walking.

"W-Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"My house." He said. He still didn't put me down, but he had removed his head from my hair. I still tried to get out of his arms, but I couldn't. Laxus... What's going on with you...?
____________________________
Earlier
____________________________

Laxus' pov

I watched Freed leave the guild hall and I felt a tug at my gut. I grunted. I had been feeling this way around Freed for awhile now, and I could only guess that it had something to do with this stupid mating season. I glanced at Mira who was tending the bar. I didn't feel any tug. I frowned. Does this mean Freed is my mate? I thought.

"Yeah." I jumped in surprise. I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed Natsu come upstairs. I stared at him confused.

"You feel a tug in your gut whenever you see Freed right? That happened to me with Grey. That means that Freed will be the one you will find the most happiness with." He explained.

"Oh." I said.

"You should go after him. Claim him. You will eventually." He said, then he walked away. I frowned again. I thought about Freed. Do I find Freed attractive? I thought about his long beautiful green hair, his amazing blue green eyes that I could stare at for hours and his... I straighten. I think I love Freed. I thought. ( No shit sherlock! Sorry....)

I quickly walked after Freed. I felt a sudden urge to mark him, to claim him until he knows and thinks of no one but me. To show everyone what's mine. I unconsciously growled and a few guild member quickly out of my way. They knew what was happening. They just weren't sure who I was going after.

I followed Freed's scent. My sensitive hearing picked up something.

"Hehe... A defenseless boy. That's good. I need someone to fuck." I frowned. The same voice said.

"So, you're not so defenseless. You pack a good punch pretty boy." I continued listening. Obviously, some weirdo was looking for someone to fuck. I wasn't sure if I should interfere or not. What I heard next though, made me see red.

"Don't... Don't come any... closer." My eyes widened. I snarled and ran to the alleyway. I saw Freed holding a small stick that he was pointing at an old dude. The man took a step towards Freed. How dare he try to touch what was mine. I summoned lightning and almost struck him with it. He tried to touch something of mine. I let him go and grabbed Freed. I had to mark him, claim him.

He smelt so good too... I practically ran home. I needed Freed now.