Chapter 2: Exciting News

( A/N: Ok guys, long story short; I am killing this. As in, making it a Dramione. Drinny isn't my ship, so I've decided to get off and swim. The first chapter will stay as is with some changes, so you may want to reread it if you haven't already. I can keep the outline I wrote, but you know, a few changes. Dramione on three... )

Draco's POV

"You what?" Blaise asked, still confused, "You're mumbling, mate."

"The Weasley girl!" I hissed.

"Weasel's sister?" Blaise asked, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded. "I didn't recognize her," I explained, "And on the train-"

"You tried flirting with the girl?" He interrupted.

I nodded again.

"And..." he continued, "That's horrible because..?"

"Look at her!" I exclaimed, gesturing over there again.

Blaise turned around briefly, but then did a double take. "Yeah," she scoffed, glancing back at me, "She's way out of your league."

My jaw dropped. "M-my league?" I stuttered, "Those girls don't exist, Zabini."

He shook his head. "Nope," he continued, "There's no chance she'd go for you."

"I don't care," I told him confidently, taking another sip of my drink, "She's a blood traitor, anyway."

Blaise scoffed. "Mate, I'd give it a rest with those... insults for now, if any of the teachers hear that you're gonna have a serious problem on your hands. But since you attempted to flirt with her before, now you can't say she's not attractive because you'd be lying. I mean, you hate these people and I bet you you don't even know her name, do you?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Of course I don't," I scoffed, "Why should I? She's a Weasley, and she's a year younger."

"You've been with girls younger than her," Blaise started, and I shook my head.

"I've never been with anyone," I told him, and then gestured towards the black-haired girl beside me, "Except..."

He nodded with sad understanding. "But her name's Ginerva," he added.

I raised an eyebrow, and he laughed.

"Bloody detective you are," I sneered sarcastically.

He turned back to the Gryffindor table, and shrugged. "She's gonna turn and see you staring," I warned him.

"I'm not staring just at her," he snapped, "What about Granger?"

I rolled my eyes. "What about her?" I asked in monotone.

"I don't know," he continued, slowly, still watching, "What do you think?"

"She's a mudblood," I sneered, and was surprised when he turned and glared at me briefly before cooling back down.

"If you can look past that," he said, and raised an eyebrow.

I sighed, and shrugged, for his sake. I looked over at her. She had changed a lot since first year, as did Weasel's sister. No more bushy hair, and her buck-teeth had sunk down a little bit. Whatever, I was done.

"She's out of your league," I threw his own insult back at him, and he smirked.

"We'll see about that," he joked back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hermione's POV

I had just entered the Great Hall with Ron, Harry, and Ginny, and we sat down at the table by some other Gryffindor friends. But before we could start any conversation, I felt a hand rest softly on my shoulder.