Chapter 8: Another Meeting

Hermione's POV

"I think she's waking up," Harry said, and I turned around from my view out the infirmary window.

"It's about time, it's almost time for dinner," Ron said, and I shot him a glare.

I made my way across the stone floor of the hospital wing to the bed where my friend was laying. "Madam Pomfrey!" I called for the professor, "We think Gin's awake."

"Be there in a moment," the nurse answered back from somewhere in her office.

I turned back to Ginny. I was relieved when Madam Pomfrey said she would be fine; only a few bumps and bruises along with a hit to the head which caused her to lose consciousness.

As if on queue, Ginny stirred briefly, and blinked once or twice before opening her eyes fully and staring at the ceiling for a bit. She didn't bother looking at us, and furrowed her brows as if thinking about something.

"That..." she started hoarsely, "was horrible."

I laughed softly. "What was horrible," I asked her, raising an eyebrow.

She chuckled, and tried to sit up but fell back, coughing. "I guess you must have missed the part where I made a complete fool of myself," she continued, and I shook my head.

"Are you joking?" Ron exclaimed, sitting in the chair beside Ginny's bed, "That was fantastic!"

Ginny lifted her head up, and narrowed her eyes slightly. "I almost killed myself," she said, dumbstruck, "I completely failed to catch the snitch, and I practically ran myself into the ground."

"Ginny," Harry started, "That was the one of the fastest dives I have ever seen!"

Ginny raised an eyebrow. "It was?" She asked uncertainly.

I held my hand out for her to take, and I helped to pull her up slowly into a sitting position as Harry continued.

"You didn't catch the snitch," he admitted, "and neither did Malfoy. And if you think that every Gryffindor hates you now because you missed it you're first match, you are solely mistaken, Gin."

She smiled. "And here I thought I could never show my face in the common room again," she said sarcastically, and all four of us laughed.

"And you'll have your second chance at the ferret tomorrow," Ron joked.

Ginny smirked and sighed in response, but then gasped. "Wait," she started, "I don't have to stay here in the wing now, right?"

I shook my head. She sighed, relieved, as Madam Pomfrey entered the infirmary where the rest of us were waiting. She came up to Ginny, and looked her over.

"In simple words, Miss Weasley," the woman started, "You're fine. Or, now you are. In fact, the only reason that you're here now is simply because you hit your head."

"Wait," Ginny repeated, "How long have I been laying here? Merlin, did I miss the tournament's second round?"

I chuckled softly at her panicky tone, and shook my head again.

"Don't worry," I said, smiling.

"It's only been a an hour or two," Harry interjected, "The game is over, but dinner hasn't started yet."

Ginny nodded. She stood up slowly, and we all took a step back. "So I can go?" She asked Madam Pomfrey hopefully, and the nurse nodded.

My friend turned to the three of us as Pomfrey left the infirmary, and I smiled. "Are you sure you're fine?" I asked Gin as the four of us left the hospital wing.