Chapter 15: Darkness Powder

Hermione's POV:

"I'm gonna kill 'im!" Ginny screeched.

I shushed her. "If you keep yelling like that they'll be able to to hear us into the Great Hall!" I hissed, "I didn't think you'd cause such a scene."

I had just told her the truth; why she had suddenly woken up with no memory of the past week and a hazy memory of Malfoy. I told her she had accidentally ingested a love potion from him, and the last week she had been completely in love. It turns out she didn't remember a thing at all, but that just enraged her further.

** Flashback to morning **

The sun was shining brightly through my window, and I brought my pillow over my eyes to combat it. "Now I know you're awake," a unusually cold voice said, "I have some questions that I'd like answered if you don't mind."

I removed the pillow from my face, and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. They widened slightly when I saw that Ginny was standing over me, only a foot or two from my face.

"Good morning, Gin," I said warily, sitting up slowly, "is there a problem?"

She took a seat on my bed. "Oh, no problem," she said, "It's just that I woke up this morning, and it's October 25th. Now call me barmy, but as far as I know it's October 17th. And how come the first thing I thought of was Malfoy? That is not normal... especially that last part."

My eyes widened slightly. Guess it's been a week, I thought. "Um," I hummed, not sure how to start.

"Why don't we," I decided to begin slowly, pulling the blankets off of me and slowly standing, Ginny backing up, "Go down for breakfast? I'll explain everything."

She narrowed her eyes slightly, but then shrugged. "Alright," she admitted, and began to get dressed.

My eyes widened again. "Okay," I said slowly said.

Am I going to live through this? I asked myself.

** End o' flashback **

We were standing outside the Great Hall, waiting for breakfast. I had figured that she wouldn't be as public with her fury if we were out in the corridor, but it turns out I was wrong. Maybe I should have told her in the Great Hall, I mused as a few startled Hufflepuffs hustled past us.

She laughed sarcastically. "You want a scene?" She exclaimed, "You'll see a real scene when I see his little ferret face in the Great Hall and I connect my fist to it! He snuck me a love potion! That's utterly ridiculous, and there's a reason they don't allow that kind of thing here!"

"Actually," I started slowly, "It was for me. You drank all of my juice that morning, remember?"

She narrowed her eyes slightly. "Yeah," I continued, nodding, "Because I repeated his compliment about your eyes during your duel. You remember that, of course."

She smirked. "I won," she explained to herself proudly.

I frowned. "Because I cheated," I admitted, and she shrugged, but then shook her head.

"That's not the point!" She explained, shaking out previous thoughts, "He poisoned me, he tried to poison you, and we need to do something to get back!"

She paused, and glanced at me. "Maybe," she started quietly, reaching into her pocket, but then froze, "Where's my wand? Hermione! It's not in my robe pocket. Where is it?"

I sighed. I knew it was in my back pocket, beside mine. I had hidden it from her, of course, I didn't fancy letting her ending up Malfoy; or both of them, in the infirmary. I reluctantly reached for it, and held it out briefly for her to see.