Moving Out

Moving Out

Fuzen

        Crack!!!

         The whip cracked against my back. I tried so hard not to show the pain. The boy, no later in his teens, holding the whip shouts, "100! That's enough for today!" He unchains me from the wall and I fall down to the stone floor. I was in too much pain to retort at him. "You're lucky it's me today and not the old Tom cat."

          "You called?" A middle-aged man appeared behind the rack of weapons.

        "T-Tom! Fancy seeing you here."

        "Yeah, yeah." Tom shoves him aside and glared down at me. he grabbed both of my wrists and examined them. "Looks like they're healing again. Good gracious, what's with your body? I just did this yesterday." He takes out a sharp glinting knife and cuts them. "We can't let this happen." The cuts open up again and the blood spilled across the floor. I winced and let out a small whimper.

        "It's lucky for us that the miss left. Now we don't have to be quiet about this anymore!" I smirked at him in the dark.

        "E-Except Sundays. That's my personal holiday." I can tell that he got pissed at me since he pulled on my hair so abruptly that I yelled out in pain.

        "Anyways, you can yell out all you want!!" I kept silent. Oh hell nah!! Like I'm giving in to the likes of you!! I'm not gonna let them get to me! 

        The previous boy left me in Tom's "care". Then, Tom started to take his knife and slash it at me. After a couple of minutes, he got bored.

        "Get back in your cage!!" He kicked me back to my home, sweet, home made of steel and bars and locked me in. "As for today, no food for you. You didn't scream enough! As long as you wear that mark, you are never leaving this place." He stormed back upstairs, leaving me to lie in my own blood.

        That sadistic bastard...

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ∞ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

        "Psst! Fuzen, wake up!" I woke up to a sound of man's voice. It was the boy who whipped me earlier. I stayed quiet. "Hey, Tom cat got you pretty bad." He hands me a roll of bandages through the bars. "For your wrists. You heal pretty quickly, but it's safer this way." I took the roll from his hand. "Wrap this up when you leave later." He ran back up the stairs.

        Leave? I was so confused. Suddenly, the Head Priest walked in.

        "Fuzen Takashi, as you know, a few months ago, Seiji Komori had to go overseas for work and his adoptive daughter, Yui Komori, had to go live with some distant relatives. Out of the blue, he said to hand you over to those relatives. I will have one of the priest drive you there. That's all." He heads back up after telling me this.

        What the heck just happened? 12 years stuck in this Hell hole, and now I'm free?

        The boy who gave me the bandages came back and unlocked my cage. "Come on! I'm suppose to drive you there!" he gave me a cheeky grin. I carefully took his hand and he led me up to the second floor of the church, me limping on the way up.

        "Here! A change of clothes and more. You wouldn't want to show up in that." I looked down at blood stained dress I have grown into and worn for the past 12 years. "Oh right! I'll just leave you to change. Just call me when you're done." He left me with a pair of ripped jeans, a black bra (surprisingly the right size) a black sleeveless tank with a shred-like back, white socks, black lacy underwear (I honestly don't know anymore), and black low-top shoes. Vans, I think. I quickly changed into the new clothes and called him back inside.

        "Alright! You ready to go?" I stayed quiet. He looked at me with confusion. "I don't get it. All these years with a rebellious attitude, yesterday you're so quiet. What happened?"

        "Hey, is this mine?" I completely ignored his question and pointed to a black suitcase.

        "Yeah, there's more clothes, a pair of combat boots, and other stuff." He paused for a moment and said, "I felt bad that you've been tortured for 12 years straight. And for that thing." He said the last part awkwardly.My hand instinctively went up to the left side of my face where the tattoo was. A "souvenir" for when I first came here. The left arm was branded as punishment later on.

        I was surprised that he did this for me. "Come on." I dragged him back down to my cage. I moved a loose stone inside my cage and pulled out a pair of headphones, an iPod, and a valuable looking ring hanging on a single, thin silver chain.

        "Who says I stayed here 24/7?"

*Girl in both pictures is Fuzen*