Short Story #3

I had 5 minutes till I was supposed to go on stage and I thought I was going to throw up... "You're gonna do great baby." Jeremy said reassuringly. The pounding of the crowd filled my ear drums. "I can't do this..." I said running away. I was wiping tears as I ran.  I knew I couldn't do it... I'm just a failure. I ran to the old dance studio on the other side of the building. It was blocked off years ago but I found a way to get in. It's my favorite studio to practice in. The walls were yellow with fading pink ballet slippers and the mirror was dusty and cracked. The wooden floor was old and would probably rot away soon, but I loved this place. It was so beautiful at one point in time but it was slowly run down... I crawled through the small opening I'd found so long ago and sat in the middle of the wooden floor. I looked into the dusty mirror barely seeing my reflection. I put mmy head in my knees and cried. I let out the hurt. I let out the pain. I let all of it out. "Hi." I heard quietly. I jerked around to see Jeremy poking his head through the small entrance.  I wiped my nose on my arm.  "Why are you here?" I asked paranoid. "Because, I know you can do this." He said. I shook my head. I looked at the light filtering in from the boarded up windows that made the air look dusty. "Stand up." He said. I shook my head. "Come on." I gave in and stood up. "Show me some of your rutine." He said. I went through the first 30 seconds of my dance and stopped. "Go on." I closed my eyes and danced along to the music inside my head. Letting the inner music take ahold of me.  I smiled up at the sky feeling all of mg fears go away. This. This right here, is why I dance. "That was AMAZING." Jeremy said. I came back to reality and I crossed my arms across my chest. "You gonna go out there?" I looked into his eyes. And slowly nodded. "Let's go." He said offering his hand. I smiled and took ahold of it and walked to the stage. "You can do this." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and walked center stage. The hot spot light taking me in. And I danced.