Short Story #22

I folded my arms across my chest as my teethes chattered. It was freeeeeezing!! Jeremy skated effortlessly across the glass floor as I stuck to stumbling along the wall of the ice skating rink. I heard the shredding of us behind me and Jeremy stopped beside me. He held out a hand to help me and I shook my head gripping the wall with my other hand. "C'mon! You can do it!!" He persisted. I bit my lip and stumbled into him. He nearly fell but caught his balance and helped me to stand. "You can do it heather." He said holding my gloved hands in his. "It's almost like roller skating, but I personally think it's easier." He said slowly skating as I walked like a dinosaur across the ice. "I can't roller skate neither." I mumbled.  "That's fine!" He said reassuringly.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. He lead me along talking to me in a slow and steady tone. "You can do it." He said as we went all the way around the rink without stumbling.  "I did!!" I squealed as he let go of me. I tried to turn towards him but fell in the process. He laughed for only a second before helping me to my feet. "I guess skating ain't my thing." I joked winking at him. "Well I hope you had fun today." He said skating closer to me. "Any time I spend with you is fun." I said smiling brightly. "Gosh I love you." He said kissing me gently before skating both of us off to the side.