Short Story #12

"That one looks like you!" I said pointing at a cloud. "How?" Jeremy asked laughing. "Can't you tell?! It's a blob." I said laughing. "Oh.  Ha. Ha." He said rolling his eyes but laughing afterwards.  I turned to look towards him.  "So. What are you planning to do after high school?" I asked seriously. He shrugged his shoulders. "I plan on leaving this small town going somewhere bigger. I want to accomplish better things." He said gazing out into the sky as if he wasn't living in our small old town anymore. "Where will you be?" He asked. "College. I still don't know what for though." I explained. "Life sucks. You spend your whole life in school and as soon as you're out you have to work.  And then you get old and die." He said. "Well, not exactly. When you're little you meet your friends. Once you're in high school you date. And once you're out of high school you get married." I said. "Do you think we'll get married...." I said quietly. "Do you?" He asked back. Neither of us said anything for a long time. Then out of the blue we both said yes. It was simultaneously and we both turned our heads to look at eachother. I blushed bright red but I never lost his gaze. We just lay there, staring at eachother. We didn't even have to say anything. The words were spoken through our actions.