Short Story #10

"OH MY GOSH STOOOOOP!!" I squealed as Jeremy tickled me. "Never!!" He yelled. I laughed until tears welled in my eyes. He stopped and I took a minute to breathe. I rolled my eyes. "You little troll." I joked.  "Dork." "Nerd." "Freak." "Dummy!" "Dummy... wow." "Shut up." Jeremy was like a little brother to me. Even though he was older. I do gotta admit though, I've always had a little crush on him... but I could never tell him that. Gosh, It could ruin our friendship. "You wanna go get some icecream?" He asked pulling out his wallet. "Sure! But you don't have to pay..." I said reaching into my back pocket. "No, I'll pay don't worry about it." He insisted.  "Thanks Jer." I said smiling wildly. We walked to the old icecream shop on the corner and I sat down on the outside table while Jeremy ordered our icecream. He brought me back a vanilla cone and sat across from me at the table. "This is DeLiCiOuS!!" I said sing songy.  "I'd have to agree." He said taking a bite out of his cone. "So what you wanna do after this?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Wanna go to the park?" I asked. He half smirked. "What?" I asked feeling embarrassed.  "Nothing. It's just- nothing." He said. I didn't push the matter and continued to eat my icecream. After we ate our icecream we walked to the park. "What happened to this place??" I said looking at the old rusted swing set and slide. "Sad ain't it." He said and I nodded. I went and sad down at the old creaky swing. I drug my converse in the rotting mulch and mud because I was too tall now. "Lift your feet." Jeremy said walking towards me. I did as he said and he pushed the swing for me as if I was a little kid. I laughed as he swung me higher and higher. "We used to come here ALL the time." He said reminiscing. "Yeah I know. Ain't it where our parents met?" I asked. "Yep! And I'm glad they did too.." he said. I stopped the swing with my feet and just sat there. "Yeah.  Me too." I said quietly with my hands folded in my lap. "(Y/N)..." he said almost scared. "Mhm." "I like you.. like.. not like a bestfriend.. but like.." I stood and faced him grinning. "Yeah. Me too." I said. I kissed his cheek and started to walk away from the swing set. He froze for a second but then he followed me.  His cheeks were rosier than usual. "So I guess we're dating now..." he mumbled. "I guess so."